Your Favorite Must-Have LU Addon Scripts?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pind
x4

Your Favorite Must-Have LU Addon Scripts?

Post by Pind » Wed, 3. May 17, 07:53

Hi all

Decided to make a new topic for LU scripts (since my last thread is pretty old).

* What LU Addon Scripts do you think fill gaps in LU and are must-have?

* Which LU Addon Scripts add a ton of depth and/or convenience to your game?

* What regular X3 Scripts (that also work with LU) can't you live without?

Setting up a clean install right now and looking forward to hearing your mod setups!

Cheers,
Pind

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 3. May 17, 08:36

Mayhem + Internal Distribution Network.
That is all you need.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 3. May 17, 09:38

MK3 improved reloaded reloaded
XMR
Satellite monitoring
IEX
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Wed, 3. May 17, 12:03

Shuulo wrote:Mayhem + Internal Distribution Network.
That is all you need.
I wanted to try mayhem so much, how do you find the removal of SHCs? Not sure i can live without them ^^

For vanilla LU my favourite mods are satellite monitoring and empire naming.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 3. May 17, 17:55

taztaz502 wrote:
Shuulo wrote:Mayhem + Internal Distribution Network.
That is all you need.
I wanted to try mayhem so much, how do you find the removal of SHCs? Not sure i can live without them ^^

For vanilla LU my favourite mods are satellite monitoring and empire naming.
The economy is completely different. With just a few stations producing raw materials, you can build an entire fleet in less time than it costs to scrap together the money in base LU.
The only real limitation I found is that you can't mass produce missiles any more. But because you don't really use money for your basic productions, you have plenty left over from mining fleets and stuff to buy them.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 3. May 17, 19:37

Satellites monitoring and Mk3 Improved Reloaded Reloaded are must-haves for me. Satellites Monitoring makes my life as a scavenger so much more convenient, as I can check every sector I have advanced sats in for loot with the push of a few buttons, see if there's anything worth picking up, and even send the reaper shuttle to pick stuff up if I feel like it. MK3 IRR is a huge improvement over the vanilla LU trade scripts, and UTs become way more efficient and manage them selves exceptionally well.

If I don't feel like kissing up to the Terrans, usually for roleplay reasons, then Stolen Saturn is a must have. It puts an extra shipyard in Ianamus Zura that sell Saturn Complex Hubs, and while they only go up to size 150, apparently due to the Teladi having inferior tech, they come in quite handy nonetheless.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

shaijin
x3tc

Post by shaijin » Wed, 3. May 17, 22:38

I love Marine Repair and Training. I used it in XRM and use it now in LU. I love setting it to resource only mode as a much more fun an immersive way of handling ship repairs. I absolutely hate the normal marine training system. Having marines being trained by being put to work feels a lot more fun and satisfying to me. Resource only mode also fits with the theme in Mayhem and I use it with that mod. It works perfectly with all of them.

I also use the version of ADS for LU that allows ADS to run on the player ship. I like fighters being launched automatically, acting with some sort of intelligence and docking when damaged. The dock all hotkey is also a must have. Combined with marine repairs, it makes for a pretty cool experience flying around with my hangars of fighters and dedicated marine repair crews to fix up fighters that get damaged.

I also install the cheat scripts to eliminate some of the tedium. There is nothing fun about dinking around for 10 minutes trying to get combat command software and basic upgrades on every fighter I claim and repair for use. I'd rather just use cheat commands to add the software and basic upgrades and remove a few hundred credits from my account.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 5. May 17, 08:17

Hi all, thanks for the replies!

Re: Marine Repairs, I've used it in previous games, including one where I setup automatic unvierse salvage TLs that automatically claim and repair ships.

Honestly though it feels a bit like cheating.

However, when it comes to repairing fighters in a carrier it does seem like it would save a lot of hassle.

Whats the usual way or repairing fighters in LU? Just let them die and make more?

faeria

Post by faeria » Fri, 5. May 17, 09:16

In LU you can let your carriers dock at PHQ and they get repaired. Haven't reached that stage yet but i've read they're supposed to do that.

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 5. May 17, 09:45

Do ships auto-repair at the PHQ too?

I have one but doesn't seem to be the case.

faeria

Post by faeria » Fri, 5. May 17, 11:20

Just tried to find the requested info so perhaps i was mistaken. Ask Litcube to add it on his next update?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 5. May 17, 23:33

MLCC carriers bring their damaged fighters to the dock, and pick up fresh one. You then fix the damaged ones, and those go back in the pool of backup fighters to pick up to replace destroyed/damaged ones.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”