A Confession

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

A Confession

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 3. May 17, 23:09

I must confess. I have strayed from the high ground. Succumbed to filthy temptations. Failed to resist. :oops:

It did start, when I went to a bar in Kyoto. There were good, honest, unemployed spacefarers, but I raised my voice and spoke:

Hello pilots! I have an offer for you. At the pier there are five, shiny, carefully groomed Komodo, each with tri-sonar, tri-abacus and a springboard. Feel free to take them for a ride.

We'll give you the number of our accountant, who will help you with all kinds of credit transactions remotely from our Communication Center, aka "HQ". We have only two tiny wishes that should be really easy for seasoned pilots like you. Apart from that you have freedom to trade.

First, please do not disturb us with trivial matters. Second, don't let the Komodo roam far from their nests (which we will point out for you). Easy, isn't it? Any questions?

Sure, there was:
Aren't you from the Company whose CEO will tie anyone, who attempts to Trade Universally, into a primed Hammerhead torpedoes? Doesn't he have enough to kill elsewhere as you come to lure us?

Easy:
That is gross exaggeration. No ties are used. Waste of good material. The torpedo is stuffed into the "tailpipe" of those pilots. Besides, I've been given a special permission to consider a temporary exception to that rule, if you don't give us any trouble.

That said, any volunteers? No? Let me remind you that you sit in my bar inside my (former Terran) Kyoto, drinking my booze, and the airlock is right behind you. :evil:

Yes, after 12 years of abstinence[*] from the questionable pleasures of Mk3 I have those pilots in my roster again. For two purposes: (1) to augment the NPC Free Traders and (2) to gather credits into the account of the PHQ. The latter being a choice between two: manual credit transfers or paying traders of some sort. I'm ethically againts both options, but the PHQ simply wants some credits.

After perhaps three in-game hours the pilot left in Empire's Edge is an (8 ), couple others are (6), but the one in Aladna Hill is still a (1), trying to get rid of four ECells(?). Akeela's Beacon had 0 trade opportunities to start with, and Shores of Infinity got cargobay full of BoGas but no buyer.

So much for "Fire and Forget". Where was my stash of those Hammerheads? Remember, I chose You to avoid micromanagement, rather than to gather it. :headbang:

The Xenon Hub and Corporate HQ have Commercial Agents on X-Universe-wide assignments. The PHQ may at most gather materials for the yard.

[*]Back in time, in X2, I did have couple UT's to fund an Equipment Dock that did arm sector patrols for duty.

Edit: Mistake, BoGas, not BoFu.
Last edited by jlehtone on Thu, 4. May 17, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 4. May 17, 13:29

I'm laughing so hard I can't think straight.

Did you try reissuing that level 1 traders command? Make him forget about those cells? Or try just manually ejecting them so he starts over?

Also, that's an awkward place to train a new pilot.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 4. May 17, 17:36

That's what mods are for. With a simple mod you can fix all those problems.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. May 17, 18:27

Triaxx2 wrote:Did you try reissuing that level 1 traders command? Make him forget about those cells? Or try just manually ejecting them so he starts over?

Also, that's an awkward place to train a new pilot.
Re-issue? No and yes. The status check was about two hours after they started. Meanwhile, I was occupied by something productive (i.e. was busy killing someone).

Sector Trader's did achieve in ~2 hours:

Code: Select all

Sector         Level Remark
Empire's Edge     8
Shore of Infinity 6  unable to sell ~300 BoGas
Tharka's Sun      6
CEO's Doubt       6
Aladna Hill       1
As said, a start in Akeela found nothing to trade. That ship is in CEO's Doubt.

After the check the Aladna Hill ship was indeed cleaned and told to trade in Company Pride. In twenty minutes it has apparently reached level 3.

Shore of Infinity was turned to Local Trader with the allowed 1 jump leeway.

Empire's trader moved to "production use", so there is an opening for a new pilot.

Power Circle and Queen's Space have both mere SPP's and Mines. NPC logistics being what it is, Mines tend to be full, i.e. less hungry for the only tradeable ware, the energy. Hence no tests there. Then again, I do have mineral consumers in the vicinity that could encourage demand. Ahh, well.

Awkward? Aladna? Possibly. There are quite many Stations, but probably not enough "flow". Lets pretend that I'm Pointy-haired Boss.

Sirrobert wrote:With a simple mod you can fix all those problems.
What problems? :?

I have no problems and my clients pay to have no problems. After all, being a problem eliminator is my primary mode of income ingame. :P

Lets call these observations and mental opportunities.

There is no need for a mod, when a broadside of PPC works perfectly well, is there?

... which reminds me ... Tomahawks ...
ToDo: Tom-Tom Forge XL
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 5. Jun 17, 13:57

I'm (very) late to the party, but having a great chuckle - thanks for the laughs! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”