Bailed pilots - what's the point in X:R? - quick DEV query

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Bailed pilots - what's the point in X:R? - quick DEV query

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 4. May 17, 02:28

In X3 & previous games there was a game mechanic whereby you could sell captured bailed plots as slaves (or (occasionally) rescue them for a rep boost). In X:R they add 'flavour', but are simply a nuisance as they take up targetting slots

Occasionally there's a kill mission that requires destruction of the pilot, but most focus on destroying the ship they're in, IME

Will we ever be able to make use of such things, or will we have to put up with them until they're removed completely from the targetting system (& if this is designed, can we have them removed from said system until use is implemented please)?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Alandauron
x4

Post by Alandauron » Thu, 4. May 17, 03:33

This is a good question, at first I left them thinking it added some extra penalty to kill them but realized there wasn't much change if any at all. I now just kill them to remove the extra target, was something planned and abandoned in regard to bailed pilots?

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Thu, 4. May 17, 03:33

Good point. It would be a good addition to mission system, if instead of always having to kill your target, you could capture them alive(either via forcing to bail or boarding) for extra bounty. Or maybe set them free for some bonuses/reputation, or sell them as slaves.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 4. May 17, 09:29

I've put something with escape pods in ideas forum:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=394800

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 8. May 17, 16:41

Immersion.

Anything more is just more like in X3's
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 9. May 17, 01:54

Immersion would work if there was a way to interact with the pods other than to kill them.. otherwise they#'re just a nuisance
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”