Trolled by the Queen

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Usenko
x3

Trolled by the Queen

Post by Usenko » Thu, 4. May 17, 12:12

Regarding the retirement of Prince Phillip:

So why does the retirement of a man who is 96 (96!!!!!) warrant a 3AM meeting?

One of my friends came up with an excellent suggestion.

Picture this:

Prince Phillip: (After ridiculously early wake-up call) Cabbage[1], I'm supposed to go open a school in Scotland or some such today, but I just can't be stuffed getting out of bed.

Queen: Well, don't! Get Charlie to do it. I've been saying this for a while. You're 96!

Prince: [grins]

Queen: I know that look. What are you thinking?

Prince: We've got to tell the staff that plans have changed. So how about calling it an emergency meeting and having one of the lads leak it to the press?

Queen: An emergency meeting at 3AM. . Heavens above, they'll think I'm dead! [grins broadly]

Prince: £10 says they think it's me.

Queen: You're on! [Rings servant bell]

[1] He really does call his wife this!
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Trolled by the Queen

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 4. May 17, 12:42

Usenko wrote: So why does the retirement of a man who is 96 (96!!!!!) warrant a 3AM meeting?
It wasn't 3AM here, was it?

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Thu, 4. May 17, 12:44

Well, that was what we were told.

(For us it was lunchtime).
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 4. May 17, 13:45

As one chap on twitter put it.

Imagine being called into an emergency meeting by your boss at 3am only to be told that he's decided to do less work at work.

:roll:
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 4. May 17, 16:59

Could have sworn the original article said the meeting would happen at 11am, not 3am?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 4. May 17, 17:03

10 am is what I read earlier today.

In any way, calling in all your staff to brief them about an important matter early in the morning sounds like a smart idea to me.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 4. May 17, 22:37

You have to admit it was a good troll. I held my breath for a few hours before the final leak happened. Long live the Queen I guess :)

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Thu, 4. May 17, 22:45

Drama queen?
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 5. May 17, 13:44

Comon people.

The meeting was a standard meeting. Someone messaged the daily freaking mail in the early hours of the morning going OMG OMG OMG THERE'S A MEETING. The Mail proceeded to whip up a media storm for no reason.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Fri, 5. May 17, 13:53

The trouble is that we had no way of picking that up.

What we in the Colonies got was "BREAKING NEWS: Queen's staff meeting at 3AM!"

There was no context at all. . .

A few of us picked up that it was being transmitted by News.com but not BBC, so there was that. However, the panic was understandable (for us, anyway. British news sources should have known better).

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 5. May 17, 14:04

(for us, anyway. British news sources should have known better).
They live for this kind of stuff. They were prob really unhappy that nobody died.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 5. May 17, 14:33

Antilogic wrote:They live for this kind of stuff. They were prob really unhappy that nobody died.
Indeed, the Sun somewhat jumped the gun in that vein. . . .
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 16861.html
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Return to “Off Topic English”