Build mission benefits

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Build mission benefits

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 7. May 17, 18:25

I know someone here has studied it so I'll ask. I just did a Goner start in TC to get the $3 Mil benefit from selling the Goner Ranger ASAP. I used the old tech of Niv mining in Seizewell to keep the $ coming. I progressed through the rank levels quickly, getting to top rank with all five of the major races in 17 hours on the first day, all Vanilla, all legal. Not making a big deal about it, just setting the scene.

In my climb through the ranks I had a question about Build Missions. You can't get rank credit if you're already the top rank of a race. But if you've accepted a Build mission before you actually get the top rank, you add percentage points to that top rank. Here's some questions:

Do you get a set payment for that Build mission?

What if the player has progressed a few levels from the level where they accepted the Build mission? Does a set payment become a small increase at second or third level of rank increase?

Or is it a percentage point increase that still gives that full benefit at the second or third level?

It seems like Build missions give great benefit even if there's been several levels of advance. But I've noticed the progress in combat rank is like orders of magnitude. I end up confused when I try to apply the same process to Build missions and rank progress.

If anyone's checked the mechanics of this I'd be interested. Thanks.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: Build mission benefits

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 8. May 17, 10:51

Here are some tips for "Build mission benefits":
Build Stations missions - X3 Wiki wrote: This method increases your turnover from the factory building missions, while in the mission but prior to planting the factory down.
  • -Check what resources the factory will require once it's operational
    -Make sure you have about one TS per Resource. (These TS's should be kept for Factory missions or Temporarily re-assigned while such missions aren't being conducted)
    -Fit the TS's with jumpdrives (Necessary for delivery speed)
    -Fill each TS with one of the resources the finished factory requires. (Either use produce from you own factories, or buy bulk loads cheaply from non-player stations)
    -Get your TL or the hired TL to Drop the station (Plant the station and wait for it to change control from you to the AI)
    -Command those TS's to Jump and Dock with the new station and sell all the Resources
The same method can be used to get your own Factories up and running when you first plant them.
See
http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Build_Stations
for details about these missions.

zazie
x4

Re: Build mission benefits

Post by zazie » Thu, 11. May 17, 10:37

But Bills questions ans not answered in that WIKI :P
Bill Huntington wrote:some questions:

Do you get a set payment for that Build mission? Yes

What if the player has progressed a few levels from the level where they accepted the Build mission? Does a set payment become a small increase at second or third level of rank increase? AFAIK the payment for the mission is linked to the rank you have when accepting the mission; the lower the rank the lower the payment. On the other hand the increase in points for ending the mission successfully is dependent on the rank you have in the moment of ending the mission

Or is it a percentage point increase that still gives that full benefit at the second or third level? Not sure understanding this question. Please consider that the ranks are not linear but have an exponential character. The amount of points you get after a very hard mission might boost your rep for several ranks at once, if you are on neutral terms with a race. If you are at bad oder good terms, the same mission does not guarantee a step upwards in the rank-ladder.
On a more general tone: Build missions were/are[?] an excellent 'tool' to boost the amount of reputation-point in the highest level. You had to accept several (!!) "very hard" missions at rank 9 (!!), best at some few points below 333 333, therefore shortly before graduating to rank 10.

Even if you graduated to rank 10 after completing the first mission, the reputation-points of missions 2ff were still added to your points.

But i am not sure if this still works. It doesn't in XTC and iirc it has been patched in X3TC, making it much more difficult/impossible to reach 1 Mio points in the race-rankings.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Fri, 12. May 17, 00:56

Buildmissions can really help boosting the system's production and it can also turn a system into a very good trainingground for Uni-traders.
For example, getting the NPC to offer you a buildmission for an energy plant in Profit Center Alpha makes that sector very good for sector-trading.

So in my current playthrough i keep a Mammoth jumpready in each factions major shipyard, and i accept a majority of buildmissions,
and it has resulted in a booming echonomy in most sectors - to the point where my PhQ easily stocked up on 100+ PPC's..
At the start of the game it was almost impossible to find PPC's.

Building is gud...mmmkay !.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks!

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 13. May 17, 19:57

Thanks, all, for your replies.

Zazie, you answered the question I had, though I didn't say it exactly right. 'You get points for the rank you have when the mission ends.'
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”