Penguins first and last flight

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

philip_hughes
x3tc

Penguins first and last flight

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 8. May 17, 08:00

Sad photo but absolutely incredible.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/anima ... vzmdn.html
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 10. May 17, 21:18

..."I only hope that at least, even in a small way, it has helped bring awareness of our natural environment and the need to protect it."
The real message is:

"Nature is outside and is waiting to kill you. Wouldn't you like to Netflix and chill, instead?"

Srsly... How many headlines have we read that essentially start with "Man goes outside and gets killed/murdered/eaten/mauled/diseased/falls-to-his-death" etc?

We have evolved intelligence precisely because Nature is cruel and wants to kill us all. We have evolved intelligence so we can stay inside, where it's safe, and play video games.

If that penguin had been safe inside and playing video games instead of shuffling around outside "in Nature". it'd be working on it's high-scores instead of being lunch for some other critter... ;)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 11. May 17, 16:15

Maybe the photo was published upside down and actually shows a remarkable flying penguin taking an astounded sea eagle back for dinner? OK, maybe not!

Seriously, I don't suppose many feel much sorrow for what penguins normally eat. That's nature.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Thu, 11. May 17, 19:29

@ Alan Phipps ; That comment gave me a giggle .

Here's another "Not Disney" Nature .

Wolf Pack Kill Giant Buffalo because 2nd Buffalo runs over his pal .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJOlGdjs8QM

( Indoors playing computer Keyboard Warrior . Games would be so popular if little gamer would actually receive bodaiy injury .)

@ Mr Phil > Stay clear of those Drop Bears .

:wink:

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Thu, 11. May 17, 19:47

"To see sights like this, you've really got to get out and about," he said.

"You can't see it sitting in front of a computer."
Well, technically speaking Mr Prats... This is exactly what I am doing right now.

On more serious side, increadable photo indeed...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 11. May 17, 19:58

Alan Phipps wrote:Maybe the photo was published upside down and actually shows a remarkable flying penguin taking an astounded sea eagle back for dinner?
I'm going to admit to having twisted my head upside-down to see what this would look like. The result was every bit as good as your description promised.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 11. May 17, 21:27

Tracker001 wrote:...( Indoors playing computer Keyboard Warrior . Games would be so popular if little gamer would actually receive bodaiy injury .) ...
This is actually easily possible... (The same tech required is already in use, primarily for "adult" purposes. :) ) All one would need to do is to do a little bit of hardware development and a heck of a lot of legal-liability research.. :)

Yes, it's possible to shoot that internetz kid, who keeps talking about your mom, in the face with an e-bazooka and cause him physical discomfort or pain. Provided, of course, he doesn't subvert the hardware. But, even that could probably be detected and his gameplay achievements for that match could be invalided as a result. :)

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 11. May 17, 22:06

I'd consider the photo, but it's Australia. Everyone knows that over there even the grass is a vicious evil beastie that wants to kill everyone.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Fri, 12. May 17, 21:11

Golden_Gonads wrote:I'd consider the photo, but it's Australia. Everyone knows that over there even the grass is a vicious evil beastie that wants to kill everyone.
Nah mate. The plants don't usually kill you....

Months of agonizing pain however. ...

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/ ... forgotten/
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Return to “Off Topic English”