pre-orders and DLC

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Thu, 11. May 17, 11:21

pjknibbs wrote:
Have you never played True Vault Hunter mode in Borderlands 2?
No. I play games to enjoy them. My masochism goes only so far.

I've played a few games on Nightmare or Insanity or whatever. I discovered that "normal" mode is named as such for a very good reason.

I enjoy a challenge, but I also know that I won't enjoy dragging a stubborn elephant up a mountain.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 11. May 17, 12:30

I remember long ago playing Doom on the hardest difficulty level just to see what it was like.

It was an experience. Generally breif and rather gibby....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 11. May 17, 13:10

mrbadger wrote:I remember long ago playing Doom on the hardest difficulty level just to see what it was like.
I'm pretty sure I completed Doom 2 on Nightmare difficulty, but that was 20 years ago--I doubt I'd be able to do it now. As I recall, the most difficult thing about it was that enemies would respawn, so you couldn't clear out an area and then travel safely back through it as you could in all other difficulties.

@Jericho: Problem is, the way the Borderlands games are set up means that you need to play the highest difficulties to reach max level and/or get the best loot. This was entirely possible to do solo in the original game, it simply wasn't in B2.

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Fri, 12. May 17, 09:06

pjknibbs wrote:
@Jericho: Problem is, the way the Borderlands games are set up means that you need to play the highest difficulties to reach max level and/or get the best loot. This was entirely possible to do solo in the original game, it simply wasn't in B2.
I've started up Borderlands 2 again last night, and now I realise what you meant about True Vault Hunter Mode. Yup, New Game+. Yes, I always try go for that.

In Borderlands 1, the enemies were usually a little different. Spike shields, and tougher. In Borderlands 2, they are a just the same but take more damage. I've not had a problem though with my Siren and her SMGs and revolvers. I should point out that my bonuses from redeeming BadAss tokens are pretty substantial, as I've played a LOT of Borderlands 2.

I've just started my umpteenth playthrough. I have about 600 hours logged according to Steam. (Although I know that about 30-40 of those were on pause so that I didn't have to restart a level and clear it out all over again).

I also discovered that all my characters were locked at level 50, despite me having all the substantial DLC (and the season pass). So something odd going on there.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Return to “Off Topic English”