X3TC: Easiest way to transfer my ore to my hub - Hub plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mjwraw
x3tc

X3TC: Easiest way to transfer my ore to my hub - Hub plot

Post by mjwraw » Wed, 10. May 17, 10:43

Apologies if this is a real dumb question, but I've just gone back to playing X3TC after a three year hiatus (!), and I remember now that when I stopped I was at the point of the Hub plot where I needed 000s of units of ore.

So I've spent a good few hours setting up ore mines all over Ore Belt, and now I want to set up the simplest method of transferring all that ore to my hub. I'm sure CAG or CLS could do it, but I can't work out how because they seem to depend on trading based on high/low prices, but I really don't care about prices as money is no object (for example I'm making sure the ore mines stay stocked with e-cells by setting the buy price at 20 Cr rather than mess about trying to set up supply ships - and it appears that most of the time it's my Universe Traders who are selling them the e-cells anyway !). BTW I've also set the ore mines to No for 'Trade with other races' and the Buy price at 200 Cr, so the ore isn't going anywhere !

So all I want to do is set up a couple of transports to lug ore to my hub without me having to constantly manually intervene, and whilst I'm sure it's easy, I've forgotten !!!

lev aris
x4

Post by lev aris » Wed, 10. May 17, 11:35

simplest way would be one transport per mine or complex. manually set sell wares command to -1 (normal trade command 2 IIR). Should continually do the run. Just make sure the ship carries less ore than the hub can take in one go.

cheers LA

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 10. May 17, 12:17

In general, both CAG and CLS2 are suitable to do what you want. If you have already experience with one of them, I recommend using that one.

I recently finished the X3AP HUB plot, but X3TC was ages ago. To give more specific advise I'd like to have a better picture of your situation:

1) Do you own the HUB, ie. are you able to homebase freighters to it and can you set prices?

2) Is the route from Ore Belt to the HUB short and safe? Are you in control of a gate pair to make it so?

If the route is long or unsafe you need to to have trained pilots who can use a Jump Drive.

Any CAG solution requires the selling price of the ore mines to be lower than the buying price at the HUB.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 10. May 17, 13:16

Hub can dock capitals, have your CLS2 ships load wares from the mines into a TL sitting in space, and have a second TL hauling ore from that to the Hub. Shouldn't take too long.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Wed, 10. May 17, 16:05

Cheers for the replies, and yes the hub is mine so can homebase freighters and set prices, and yes, I positioned it between Ore Belt and Home Of Light for that very reason !

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 10. May 17, 16:46

Young Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOO

The task of transferring wares from one player station into another player station is what CLS1, CLS Mk1, Internal Logistics was made for. CLS1 does not care about the price. CLS1 hauls if there is something to haul AND a need for it too.

If you do have at least one experienced CLS/CAG pilot, you have all that is needed. Transfer that pilot into CLS1 duty.
* Homebase the ship on one of your Ore Mines
* Select the Ore as ware in CLS1 config.
* Select "Manual price" and set it to 125cr.
* Add the Hub as Consumer
* Add the other Mines as Producers
* Start the CLS1

Higher pilot level is required for:
* delivering into TL/Dock
* use of Jumpdrive
* ability to have multiple Producers

Why price 125cr? Your Mines pay up to 20cr per ECell and need 6 ECells per Ore. Ore thus costs up to 120cr. The extra is for jump fuel costs, etc. With this set up, the Hub will automatically fund the energy for the Mines. Why bother to manually give money to the Mines, when funding the Hub is enough? If the Mines need no money for buying ECells, then you can set the manual price to 0.

The CLS1 has other price options than "manual", but with manual neither the Ore price on the Mines nor in Hub affects the CLS1.

Trade Mk3 pilots belong to "other races". When 'Trade with other races' is NO, no UT can trade with the station.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 11. May 17, 03:21

CLS2 doesn't care either. And can carry from multiple suppliers. Just set it to Load/Unload, and you're done.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Thu, 11. May 17, 09:22

Great ! thanks again for your help, much appreciated :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”