Bannerlord

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Redvers Ganderpoke

Bannerlord

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Wed, 31. May 17, 13:56

During taking a rest from playing Elite: Dangerous for a bit I started playing Warband again and found out that Bannerlord is the follow up that should be released this year.

It looks like it has gone the extra steps graphically with bigger battles (500 troups) and better siege mechanics (catapults etc.).

Although not a space combat/trading game Warband is actually a lot like the X games / Elite.
A flower?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 31. May 17, 14:06

Yes, there have been a few Warband/Bannerlord posts in the 'Random News' and 'Anticipated Games' threads here. The general attitudes in them were of enjoyment and keen anticipation respectively.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Wed, 31. May 17, 14:09

And pretty much like Egosofts games, it will only interest me again if they announce some kind of coop multiplayer. Alas..

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 31. May 17, 14:36

I'm one of the people eagerly awaiting it, but there seems to be a bit of a running joke about the fact that a release date still hasn't been given, even though it's now 5 years since the game was first announced. There are rumours based on comments made by one of the developers that it might be this year some time, but nothing official.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Wed, 31. May 17, 16:10

CBJ wrote:it might be this year some time, but nothing official.
As long as its released before Star Citizen. From the videos I've seen it looks like it may be quite good - the avatar creator at least looks better and more refined than Frontier's.
A flower?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 31. May 17, 18:19

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:As long as its released before Star Citizen.
Well just hope this wont bite anyone in the bastu, given SC release date is set to 42 of a unknown century. :P

MFG

Ketraar

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 31. May 17, 21:28

Erm, I thought bannerlord was late next year - not this year. Unlike other titles, they're very slow on news :P

Looking forward to it immensely.

As for MP - there is MP Mount and Blade: Warband - but it's siege-esque (2 teams, one defend one attack) rather than coop world play. So if you mean coop in the world, then I don't think that's likely to happen.

If no-one has tried it, the released mod-into-game of Napoleonic Wars was great fun :D

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 31. May 17, 21:33

Chips wrote:...ut it's siege-esque (2 teams, one defend one attack) rather than coop world play. So if you mean coop in the world, then I don't think that's likely to happen.
They've already said that they're not going to support campaign multiplayer. It's just asking too much. But, I'd imagine they'd possibly expand the options for regular Warbandesque multiplayer, giving mp and modders some more possibilities.

Note: There have been "persistent world" mods that do a fair job and there have been hacks that attempt to try to attempt... to create campaign multiplayer. But, the latter just really don't work well. /crashmonsters

I think multiplayer campaign Warband would be great and could, with some mechanics and gameplay changes, work out well. BUT, Warband is awesome, as it is. I'd hate to see single-player play degraded by a half-attempt at adding mulitplayer campaign options.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 31. May 17, 22:26

Must admit, Warband is one of the few games that I don't see the need for coop open world play. The individual isn't the one who wins the fights, the castles - that's the AI under your "command" (i put that in quotes as you don't really have much command). It'd be easier to have a "Player-esque" scripted opposition who tries to do what the player does - recruit men, train, join a faction or tries to create their own etc.

However, doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to give it a bash - just don't have any friends who play computer games anymore; at least not the games I like. I'd need to rely upon "internet friends" instead - and the only gaming ones I have of those (like me) all awaiting SC (or, as we hoped, Freelancer 2 ) :D

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 1. Jun 17, 02:13

Chips wrote:Must admit, Warband is one of the few games that I don't see the need for coop open world play. The individual isn't the one who wins the fights, the castles - that's the AI under your "command" (i put that in quotes as you don't really have much command). It'd be easier to have a "Player-esque" scripted opposition who tries to do what the player does - recruit men, train, join a faction or tries to create their own etc.

However, doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to give it a bash - just don't have any friends who play computer games anymore; at least not the games I like. I'd need to rely upon "internet friends" instead - and the only gaming ones I have of those (like me) all awaiting SC (or, as we hoped, Freelancer 2 ) :D
Good points, every single one.

For myself, I LOVED my solo time in Warband. Loved every minute of it in every mod I played. But, I can see the allure for multiplayer. Like you, I don't have a lot of friends that would probably like that game, so multiplayer campaigns don't do anything for me. But, it could push the heck out of the franchise, encouraging more addons, mods, dlc and expansion.

One thing I'm seeing in development is a lot of potential for really good roleplaying. With the expanded city options, guilds/merchants/thieves, etc, it opens up a lot of play opportunities. In Warband, a lot of that sort of thing was either through a mod, with limited options, or just imagined by the player, themselves. Neither is bad, but it sure is nice to have fiddly bits and mechanics that can support a wide variety of playstyles.

"Merchant", practically non-combat, players of Warband do exist. Or, at least they did. But, it was more of a load of tacked on imagination and roleplaying than anything that was actually folded into gameplay and supported. Now, that's a definite possibility as well as running Thieve's Guilds and the like. Pretty darn cool and I really hope they give these alternate playstyles some end-game content. (I'll still be swinging my sword and running over people on the battlefield, but it's nice to know that there are other things to fool with and that other players can play they game however they wish.)

PS - Egosoft's X games, particularly X3TC, have been called "Warband in Space." They do bring that sort of ever-growing expansion of play to the table, to be sure. But, unlike Warband, there's no "finish" to X3, which is something I really like about it. Maybe we'll see something like that for Bannerlord, so that players can keep playing in the same game for as long as they want.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 1. Jun 17, 03:29

I'll believe it when I download it. Bannerlord will be an instant purchase for me. No steam sale needed.
Who made that man a gunner?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 19:31

I am a huge fan of Mount & Blade, I am lazy too, so just found out there are two more videos regarding gameplay, they are pretty much the same but with different soldier classes.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord E3 2017 Cavalry Sergeant Gameplay

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord E3 2017 Horse Archer Sergeant Gameplay
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 22:10

There are some pretty long play vids out there (official) with whole seiges etc. I think they are pretty far along with the game mechanics at least, I expected it would be out for xmas.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Return to “Off Topic English”