Can not remember the last time I was this hyped for a game.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clakclak
x3

Can not remember the last time I was this hyped for a game.

Post by clakclak » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 02:29

The game comes from the people who also made Enslaved: Odyssey to the West a game that back than totally suprised me and came out of nowhere, but I found brilliant.

But without any further words here is a trailer, do yourself a favour and watch it full screen and with audio!!!! Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Last edited by clakclak on Thu, 8. Jun 17, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 04:29

YES! Finally a release date.

I was following development since over a year ago. I was begining to wonder when it would come out.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 06:37

Looks interesting, but not a fan of the camera angles I've seen in gameplay footage. But, I do understand their concept, there, I think - Player as observer. (I'm not considered tall, but I think I'm a bit taller than that camera position.)

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 08:35

Is it a hack and slash?
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 08:48

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West looked beautiful and was fun for a time, but I ran out of skill before I was able to finish it, so I'm not as interested in a game from that developer as others might be.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 11:40

muppetts wrote:Is it a hack and slash?
Yes it is, but one that actually (hopefully) has a good story.

The did put out some really interesting behind the scenes stuff: Senua's Sacrifice Development Diary 24: Hearing Voices
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 11:58

hmmm looks kinda RPGish as well
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 7. Jun 17, 14:12

muppetts wrote:hmmm looks kinda RPGish as well
Well it lacks more or less all RPG elements. There will be only one weopen, no inventory, no HUD, no leveling system.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 01:26

pjknibbs wrote:Enslaved: Odyssey to the West looked beautiful and was fun for a time, but I ran out of skill before I was able to finish it, so I'm not as interested in a game from that developer as others might be.
Enslaved was good UNTIL you got to the end. Then it got botched. You did not miss much.
Still, I liked the gameplay enough to give hellblade a try, and from what I've seen I really like the setting and the efforts that have been put towards the atmosphere and fight mechanics. I just hope the story will be good all the way through, this time.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “Off Topic English”