Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Fri, 13. Oct 17, 17:35

It's got a whopping 2/10 on Metacritic (general public vote).
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/middl ... dow-of-war

All about the loot-crates.

It's a shame because I've read that they aren't really necessary, unlike the Battlefront2 ones (although EA are trying to clarify the situation but are being cagey).
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 00:57

No Metacritic rating on the Steam store page for it yet.

At this stage, it doesn't matter if the Lootcrates are necessary - Being in the game is offensive enough, especially if they work to give truly meaningful "paid" advantages to the player. And, if they provide an avenue for players to create a competition out of them, rewarding those who have paid the most, well... That'd be swell. :/

Eventually, this will happen with enough games that the purchasing audience will get used to be fleeced. Well, unless something is done, which it probably won't be, unless the market votes "now" to stop buying games that have such things in them. That won't likely happen, but it "could."

Let's see how sales go and whether or not the gaming audience has a strong enough will to actually vote with its wallet.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 02:59

Morkonan wrote: At this stage, it doesn't matter if the Lootcrates are necessary - Being in the game is offensive enough, especially if they work to give truly meaningful "paid" advantages to the player.
Shadow of War is a single player game, though, so a "paid" advantage isn't quite as bad as it is in a multiplayer one like Star Wars: Battlefronti. Of course, once upon a time a developer who wanted to give players an advantage to allow them to finish a single player game would have just included a few cheat codes for free!

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Sat, 14. Oct 17, 12:32

from what I have seen, if you forget about the loot crates there is quite a good game, certainly the game itself is not as negative as it is being marked. I think that loot crates, xp boosts, shops in SP games are here to stay, they make Huge amounts of money.
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Return to “Off Topic English”