Flight Controller not working properly

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

lonnellwright615
x4

Flight Controller not working properly

Post by lonnellwright615 » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 21:26

Im using a xbox Ace combat 6 fires of liberation flight stick with Throttle and rudder paddle. I notice before the update everything worked fine. Now the paddles don't work at all and the throttle works somethings. With the throttle i have to keep moving it back and forward before it responds. I've tried unchecking and checking the boxes in setup, nothing. My game is not mod. Is there anyway to fix this problem, or go back to a later update? This a Albion prelude steam copy im running thank you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. Jun 17, 21:36

Firstly have you verified *each* of the Steam gamefile caches for X3TC and X3AP separately to check your game installation?

I cannot really help you myself with controller/joystick issues, but I assume the changes happened because of this point in the X3TC 3.3 changelog and which I assume also applies for X3AP 3.2:
"• Fixed various issues with joystick control."

I will see If I can get a dev who would know what was changed to assist you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 14:33

@lonnellwright615
You're on windows right?
Can you say which version?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 14:43

Alan Phipps wrote:I cannot really help you myself with controller/joystick issues, but I assume the changes happened because of this point in the X3TC 3.3 changelog and which I assume also applies for X3AP 3.2:
"• Fixed various issues with joystick control."
No, those fixes were things that had already been done for X3AP and were only now back-ported to X3TC. The controller/joystick implementation generally in X3AP did not change in this update.

One suggestion might be that, if you had some kind of joystick profile in your joystick setup, it's might be no longer correctly associated with the game because of the new game EXE.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”