(X3AP) NPC's selling incomplete sector maps

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

synctrance

(X3AP) NPC's selling incomplete sector maps

Post by synctrance » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 11:40

In my previous games i always bought sector maps from NPC's, just to reveal stations i haven't mapped or the new ones GOD has placed. However, in X3AP maps i buy never reveal undiscovered stations.

Am i imagining things or was it always been this way? :lol:
Raapys wrote:This isn't X4. They never said your ships would be able to fire.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 11:44

It has been like that for a long time. Since TC at least. No idea why that is a thing but yeah i've noticed that too.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 12:15

I, too, don't remember ever buying a map even remotely "complete". I think the main purpose of these transactions is to give the player jumpdrive access directly into a sector without having to enter it "on foot" first. This can be especially useful if you buy a "map" for a sector of interest to you that happens to be several jumps away - now you can get into it immediately, without exploring out to it first.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

synctrance

Post by synctrance » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 14:28

Ill stop buying those maps, but i could have sworn they were still useful even after you mapped entire universe. Man, so much to relearn!
Raapys wrote:This isn't X4. They never said your ships would be able to fire.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 06:54

Hi,

it would be a nice addition to the game if those "special" stations would require a purchased map to be found and not just appear on the long range scanner.

Especially if those stations were really special - like the one selling space fly eggs in X2. But basically they are not relevant and not interesting.

cu
Rainer

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 09:49

Since my pilot fly using slow ship often, which move from sector to sector using jump drive, then above maps (even old) are useful to him. I understand, that some cartographers had been in those sectors long ago and had not updated their maps.

Geek.Verve

Post by Geek.Verve » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 17:18

I buy them just for the reputation bump. I typically don't even look at what I'm buying. In fact I was jumping around the universe in a relatively new game just last night and found myself wondering, "How is that sector a valid jump destination, while none of its connecting sectors are?" I must have gotten it from a sector map purchase.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”