[mod] X3 - RESURRECTION MOD (New graphic mod)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 11:24

I must tell you one important thing...

This mod doesn't have any type's files. That mean that you can try this mod and if you will not want this mod you can uninstall it simply. (delete cat and dat files of this mod).

So it doesn't matter what mod (mods) do you have, you can continue with your saves too. Only, as I wrote, if you will see some texture problems or you will have some ideas how do this mod better, write it on my mail and I will make a patch.

Enjoy! ;-)
Last edited by x3-AmModer on Thu, 10. Aug 17, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

Migou
xr

Post by Migou » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 11:53

Hello,

I have try your mod with X3AP LU and unfortunately I get texture corruption for the mouse/hud and radar.

Space, stations and planets are ok.

Anyway looks really good thank a lot for your effort !

https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/56739 ... n00002.jpg
https://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/70405 ... n00003.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 08:02

Thank you for your reply. I am at work now. I will repair it tonight. ;-)

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 11:26

x3-AmModer wrote:This MOD changes only textures in game, so it must be compatible with XRM, install like a false patch (highest number CAT and DAT).

And compatible with Linux? Yes, isn´t it the same data file like in Windows?
AFAIK the textures are identical. So are the dat/cat files.

I'll free some time during the coming weekend to test this. Thanks!

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 12:16

Of course, I don't know, if the textures are identical. It is possible some mods could have own textures or the textures are changed. I will have some time on Sunday, I can test some modes. Open them and check and compare textures....

Do you know scripting in this game? If you (or someone else) want testing this mod, I can make a script which create ship with very high speed for easier travel in the space for better exploration. But I thing that everyone here know how to use the script editor.... ;-)

pioupes
x4

Post by pioupes » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 12:51

With this script http://www.mediafire.com/download/a7mlo ... 2.2011.zip
You can tuning every ship you want to 1000m/s
You can reveal all the map with one click and many other feature
Thanks Joubarbe ^^ it's your link

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 14:11

Transcendence! ;-)

If you add 100 units of engine tuning in one script multiple times, you add more speed than 1000m/s.... ;-) I use this in my Star Trek mod for in-sector jumping.....

pioupes
x4

Post by pioupes » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 14:26

Yes but IS the ai don't like speed over 1000m/s because calculation collision, OOS it's infinite ^^
With this script you add what you want to engine tuning and rudder optimisation and many other things with one button
I have one question with your mod, if it use cat dat file it overwrite the tship and other change that litcube and mayhem change??
Sorry for my poor english :oops:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 15:06

I would have downloaded the file to check compatibility, but not on a sh*tty file host website as the one you use. Please use mediafire, google drive, dropbox, or any serious website that does not host illegal files (you've got a full cracked version of X3 Reunion in the "related files" area, amongst other games).

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 16:59

Ulozto.net is normal website in my country functioning as free web-disc for everyone. That mean that everyone could simply upload everything. If someone upload cracked games, dvdrips or picture of his ass ;-) , it is his question. I use it for my mods. But I understand that someone have problem with that. I will use another website only for this mod. My other mods I will not reuploading again... Srry.

I will do it to Sunday....

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:15

Yes, you have true. But 1000m/s is risc for UI too. :D I mean it only for player ship.

I don't know if I understand you well. My mod don't overwrite any t-files. Maybe for exaple Lictubes universe yes, so there is problem with HUD. I must find this file and try repair it (only for HUD). Because I use another HUD, but it only overwrite original HUD dds files, so it don't need t-files, objects etc... ;-)

On original game without mods goes new HUD well....

I will take a look.... I promise...

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 00:36

New patches 1.1.2. are available (For normal version and for Litcube's Universe).

I thank you for your help with looking for bad textures and bugs. :-)

Migou
xr

Post by Migou » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 04:50

The X3AP LU patch do the job and the UI is now perfect !

For the moment I only found one more problem and is for Earth !

I will inform you if I find more errors, your mod look so good, thanks a lot :)

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/1350 ... n00007.jpg
https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/8423 ... n00008.jpg

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 07:56

Thank's for report. I will repair it as soon as it will be possible ;-). I see problem on the picture with gates. LU changes t-files a lot. Gives a lot of objects to the game, so it is more difficult find all problems. Thank's for your help again.

Migou
xr

Post by Migou » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 11:48

I was using another gate mod for LU to change it and I removed it now !

For the gates it's ok for me, I'm happy to see the original one back with your mod, as I prefer it ;)

I don't see another problem at the moment and I already play a couple of hours ...

Thanks to you :)

gilboa
x4

Stupid question 2.

Post by gilboa » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 15:49

(NOTE: That has to be the dumbest question I asked in years. Please bear with me...)

Its has been while since I last played X3AP, and since then I switched to 4K display from a smaller 2K display, so everything looks odd and super-high-def.
How can I verify that indeed that indeed this mod is working? (I can delete it and re-add it, comparing the two, but this can take ages)

Thanks for answering my stupid question...
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

Migou
xr

Post by Migou » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 16:19

To remove it, you just have to delete or move 4 files from the addon directory of your AP installation, copy it back to try again, is no time consuming at all.

You can try without saving your game progression or use a new save, if you worry about save incompatibility.

I don't think this mod will help you for 4k resolution problems, I think you have to look about UI mods with larger fonts ...

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 23:04

Migou write it well.

I write something more...

I didn't change resolution of textures, in first maybe, but Bernd help me to understand how textures work in this game. I enhanced for examlple some textures from 1024x1024 on 2048x2048. It could be better you think, but not. It is nearly the same because the game use blur. So I let the resolution of each texture at original. It is good for the same game-speed as before you install this mod....

You will see it very simple. Install original game and start it. In the space take some pics (for example planet, station, ships, stars, etc.). Then off the game and add my mod. After that start the game again. You will see it.... ;-) (and you could take the same pics like before and compare them....)

I have two older compare pics on my web with mod. Check it....

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 23:12

And every question is NOT stupid! On this Egosoft forum are the best people which will help you and answer your questions. They helped me a lot.... ;-)

x3-AmModer
x3

Post by x3-AmModer » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 02:03

This mod is now available for download from two servers: Uloz.to and MediaFire.

Patches are available for download only from MediaFire.

Link on my web again:

http://new-x3-mods-nrgm.wgz.cz/

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”