What if Luke has forgotten all he knew about the Force?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Len5

Post by Len5 » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 16:10

Doing a remake isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in this case it is.
If you're doing it or recycling a story, you do it because you think you can do a better job at it, not because you're lazy, cheap, have no imagination and just want to grab money.
I would've done a proper remake and be honest about it and take out some of the small imperfections and try to keep it simple.
Disney just wrapped the (almost) same story around the CGI and added large imperfections. (To me it's not just a remake of ANH, it's of all three together.)
If Luke saw TFA, I bet he wants to forget everything about the Force.

I watched it because it got high ratings and I regret doing so. I seriously don't understand the high ratings.
Am I not progressive enough if I like the old movies over the new one or something? "Grandpa's still watching slow movies without CGI from the 70's and 80's? Yawn! Get into present time, wrinklesaurus."

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 17:46

Now there's a thought.

Is it possible for someone strong in the Force to cut himself off from it. Could he use it to wipe his own memory clean of the whole business in the process?

Could he then step forward with as much Force power as R2D2?

Len5

Post by Len5 » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 19:04

Like Sphere.

No look, Luke hasn't forgotten about the Force. He knew/felt Rey was coming or do you think he just stands there day in day out?
Or if he had a radar and knew a ship was coming, why does he stand there with his back turned to the only road not knowing if the person coming is dangerous?

Return to “Off Topic English”