Modded X3:AP questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wwdragon
x4

Modded X3:AP questions

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 22:36

1) Does X3:AP's version of RRF spawn little hit squads against the player if you piss off the commonwealth races?

2) Anyone know of any mod on the list in S&M Forum for TC/AP that spawns little hit squads?

I've somehow annoyed the argon and now I have little hit squads spawned whenever my stuff jumps into the sytems around Omicron Lyrie.
They are always more powerful then whatever I jump in and they always disappear/despawn before I get there.
They NEVER spawn when I'm personally in-system; they also appear to despawn when I enter a system where they were.

Note I do have stuff installed that would attack my assets from the pirates, but nothing would be spawned into the systems and call them argon ships.
They would straight up be labeled as pirate ships.

One example is I sent my personal advanced discoverer into Elysium of LIght to pick up a jump drive and an argon eclipse spawned in, turned red and started chasing it.
Of course, it had no chance to catch it, so I got it back to me in Treasure Chest, with the purchased jump drive.

Since it only happens around the warzone and I checked all the mods I have for mention of this behaviour.... I assume this must be part of AP's RRF.
Of course, this doesn't make sense either, because argon are HIGH reputation friends; only pirates and terran/atf are even enemies.

Can anyone confirm this or anyone seen it in their own game?
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 23:14

The only time Argon ships will attack your ships when your Argon rep is high is if they enter a warzone (with you being OOS) and your Argon rep is lower than your Terran rep. From what you describe, that could be the case here. And yes, that's normal.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 23:45

Nanook wrote:The only time Argon ships will attack your ships when your Argon rep is high is if they enter a warzone (with you being OOS) and your Argon rep is lower than your Terran rep. From what you describe, that could be the case here. And yes, that's normal.
Actually I've been blowing up terrans, while helping argon with the war effort.
I've also never seen vanilla just spawn hit squads on the player.

When I tried RRF in TC, they had to build them/spawn them on a timer too.
They never just straight up spawned something that could kill my stuff and then despawn.

If you read my description, you will notice that they do NOT spawn when I am in system and despawn when I come in system.
that's some very weird behavior!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 23:59

wwdragon wrote:...
If you read my description, you will notice that they do NOT spawn when I am in system and despawn when I come in system....
Exactly! That's normal. And these little 'hit squads' as you call them are not RRF. They're just spawns designed to attack player assets when the player is OOS.

Supposedly, it's to keep the player from exploiting a war zone without being there. Otherwise, the player could jump in, watch a major battle spew out all kinds of loot, jump out and have a player-owned ship jump in and collect the loot with no consequences. Since it's a warzone with ongoing conflicts, the devs apparently thought it not right to let the player exploit it too easily.

BTW, RRF in TC was a player-made script, not an official game mechanic. So there are bound to be differences.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 00:24

Nanook wrote:
wwdragon wrote:...
If you read my description, you will notice that they do NOT spawn when I am in system and despawn when I come in system....
Exactly! That's normal. And these little 'hit squads' as you call them are not RRF. They're just spawns designed to attack player assets when the player is OOS.

Supposedly, it's to keep the player from exploiting a war zone without being there. Otherwise, the player could jump in, watch a major battle spew out all kinds of loot, jump out and have a player-owned ship jump in and collect the loot with no consequences. Since it's a warzone with ongoing conflicts, the devs apparently thought it not right to let the player exploit it too easily.

BTW, RRF in TC was a player-made script, not an official game mechanic. So there are bound to be differences.
Your telling me this was put in on purpose???

I find it hard to believe that any professional making a sandbox game would put in something so unfair, so anti player, so straight up stupid.
It doesn't even ignore satellites!
I hope you are wrong. :-s

Can you point me to the script that handles it, if you know it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 00:53

Sorry, don't know. You could ask in the S&M forum, though.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 01:12

Nanook wrote:Sorry, don't know. You could ask in the S&M forum, though.
Ok thanks anyway!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 19:21

War systems are just that, war zones. That is by design. You can halt the war by completing the Shady Business Plot making them safe again.

In the same plot file one can look how the warmanager is turned off and so see how to mod it for ones own purposes.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”