Police licence and bounty reward bug ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bof111

Police licence and bounty reward bug ?

Post by bof111 » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 11:53

Hi,

I seems that 4.1 have broken something with the bounty system. I've done a new start in 4.1 + all dlc vanilla (fresh install of course) and started to blow red things around to get better reputation. At the beginning all is fine and a get a police license to get paid as well for blowing things and again all is fine.

But now i'm in 2 game days more or less and i realised that the bounty system doesn't respond anymore. I have all the licences possible for every faction exept the secret service one. So for exemple, i go in Albion in the big empty and wait for a squadron of pirate to spawn and attack the station. Then i exterminate them personaly and i wait for the guy to thanks me about saving the station and whatever. But nothing happens, not reputation increase, and no money.
Tested in several zones with different factions control.
But i have no idea what could cause this. :?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 02:01

If you destroy hostiles outside the station's detection range (if their radar dish is destroyed this drops dramatically) they may not be counted by the licence-issuing faction (BTW, in Albion when starting make sure you have both licences).

It's also possible you've lost your licence due to a 'friendly fire' incident; if so, you'll need to buy another, once you regain the relevant rep
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

bof111

Post by bof111 » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 11:25

I've tested really at close range in the station geometry with all the licenses possible, and nothing.

But something strange, i don't loose the licence if the station turns hostile with a friendly fire. Something is messed up here. :(

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 01:30

I don't mean to disparage your OP, but have you /ever/ installed any mods? Steam likes to 'helpfully' auto-update/install these as well, so your 'fresh install' may not be as fresh as you believe.. & these can persist thru saves :(

Other than that I suspect a savegame posted & linked in the /beta forum or sent directly to DEVs may help..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 19:18

There was many things wrong with police/bounty sense 4.0(most of them got fixed though).... There is still bug where police around stations will be labeled Xenon or Pirate and if you destroy them you will lose rep wit fraction that station belong. Of course I reported it when 4.0 was still in beta.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

bof111

Post by bof111 » Sun, 2. Jul 17, 00:40

I have the gog version and i've never installed any mod. So it can't be this. Anyway when i say "Fresh install" it means : install on a fresh formated computer. (fresh install of windows and all drivers and so on.) :)
But good to know they may be still some problems. Well maybe a random bug that happend just to me.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 2. Jul 17, 16:43

I was one of HOL DLC testers and I had fresh install for it as well. Bug was only present with HOL stations(once a while ) and I took pictures as well and save file. After save is reloaded everything turns to normal so it was hard to figure out what is wrong with it. I think one of moderatiors had same experience as well. Those ships wont attack you or anything so it was not issue....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”