Space Odyssey - The Video Game

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Len5

Space Odyssey - The Video Game

Post by Len5 » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 17:54

Scientists and astronauts join the space game race. I'm going to follow this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... _content=D

Any ideas on what the outcome will be? Success or failure or something in between? Worth to fund?

@Moderators: If there's already a thread or post about this, delete please.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 18:00

I have two problems with it

a) No sign of David Bowman or the large black rectangular things that turn out to be full of stars.

b) Mr Dyson is an excellent physicist but does he have the foggiest idea how to make a game?

There's an old adage- let the cobbler stick to his last. In other words a man would do well to stay within his professional field. I'm not saying it will necessarily be terrible, but it might be. I prefer to wait and see how it pans out.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 18:27

The future animated series cooked it for me .... Wish em luck but no pennies from this pocket....

Len5

Post by Len5 » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 18:59

It seems just ideas and art at the moment. It's likely they will hire game devs at some point.
They are aiming for something realistic and have the know-how for it. They're not in it for the money and try to make something fun and educational at the same time.
I hope some good devs are interested that don't have the need to get filthy rich.

Return to “Off Topic English”