[REQUEST] Missile drone / missile pod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

willypokorny
x4

[REQUEST] Missile drone / missile pod

Post by willypokorny » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 20:44

Hi,

I'd like someone's help with a mod I'd like to make / see made.

Basically I'd like to create a sort of missile drone or mine or something along those lines that could be given console commands.

This missile pod would be stuffed with a couple missiles, for example a number of Hammer Torpedoes or a Shadow missile.

The idea is that any ship with for example L or XL storage could carry up to full load of these missile pods, then release them before / during combat, and instruct them via the console to fire against the enemy. When it would deplete its loadout it would be destroyed, those that did not fire could be recovered. It would not be mobile.

How complicated do you wiser and more experienced modders think it would be to create something like this?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 21:00

Missile drones? Fun idea...

I don't know if they can fire missiles though. You should download X3 Editor, learn how it works, and add missiles in the Compatible missiles tab of the fighter drones.

The second step would be to give them commands. Not very hard because they have what you need by default.

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 21:13

I am a bit familiar with the X3 Editor 2, I have my own little mod.

What I don't know (and from very basic testing is not quite as simple) is how the connection between a ware and a ship is handled in the case of drones.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 21:37

Totally possible. Add missiles default wares to a drone, set drone speed to zero. The only issue is deployable objects are hard coded.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 21:39

Well, the Fighter Drone is a ware and a ship.

Ware ID: SS_WARE_FIGHTDRONE (Subtype 10)
Ship ID: SS_SH_FIGHTDRONE

Drone mechanics are hardcoded.

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 21:55

Litcube wrote:Totally possible. Add missiles default wares to a drone, set drone speed to zero. The only issue is deployable objects are hard coded.
The only issue, but also THE issue. I was considering changing up one of the existing drones but I would've preferred a new one (although based on one of the existing drone's model)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 22:05

You could write a little script and bind it to a hotkey, which - when pressed - removes one "drone ware" from your cargo bay and creates a respective drone next to your ship.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 22:14

willypokorny wrote:
Litcube wrote:Totally possible. Add missiles default wares to a drone, set drone speed to zero. The only issue is deployable objects are hard coded.
The only issue, but also THE issue. I was considering changing up one of the existing drones but I would've preferred a new one (although based on one of the existing drone's model)
LU could, possibly in the future sometime, perhaps add a few new deployable wares.

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Sun, 25. Jun 17, 22:42

I did that with the Keris, but apparently even the loadout they receive is hardcoded (or can be changed in a different way than what I attempted to do)

I created a new Warelist in the Warelists.pck file: A Shadow missile and a Fight Command Software MK.2

The drones did deploy, but they carried 1 EMPC and no missile. Also the software was missing.

When I added the missile to the drone via the Cheat menu there was no way how to fire it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”