Suggestion about engineers repairs

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Noviath
x4

Suggestion about engineers repairs

Post by Noviath » Mon, 3. Jul 17, 22:37

Hey there i just wanted to give some suggestions for engineer behevior when repairing a ship. It would be awesome if i can interfere a little, like saying to my caps engineer to fix drone bay first. Thanks.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 01:39

I agree - I think that it should be possible to set priorities for repairs.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 19:43

The paradigm for all AI crew members is simply to take your basic order and then do whatever the programmers decided to have it do. It's true for the engineer, the defense officer and the captain. So, if you're going to be able to give more detailed orders to the engineer, you should also be able to do the same for the others. It's only fair. 8)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 20:35

Nanook wrote:The paradigm for all AI crew members is simply to take your basic order and then do whatever the programmers decided to have it do. It's true for the engineer, the defense officer and the captain. So, if you're going to be able to give more detailed orders to the engineer, you should also be able to do the same for the others. It's only fair. 8)
Oh, but I completely agree! :D I WANT the ability to issue FAR more detailed/complex orders/behaviours to defense officers, captains, and also the galley steward (which would need to be implemented first, sadly...)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 21:05

Even being able to tell Yisha what to go and do would be a great first step. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 21:35

Alan Phipps wrote:Even being able to tell Yisha what to go and do would be a great first step. :D
Step, or leap? As in, "Yisha, go take a flying" :D Although, on a more serious note, having her fulfill useful "copiloty" things would actually be quite handy, such as evasive flying while Wren O'Tanney (he's the Irish version of the protagonist) remote controls ROVs...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”