Can't replace the architect

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lostboron

Can't replace the architect

Post by lostboron » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 19:43

After finishing the campaign I realized I had a very bad architect for my first station (0 in 2 skills out of 3). I hired another one, and tried to make her replace the other, but I have not found a way to do it. Landing on the CV or station, no "work here" menu appears when I talk to the new architect. When I talk to her on the skunk, I can't choose the station or CV with the "work for me elsewhere" menu. There is also no way to fire the old one. Finally, I can't ask the CV to stop taking orders from the station.

Is this intentional (which I would find rather strange), or is this a bug ?

Do I have to destroy the CV to fix this, or would that preserve the old architect somehow ?

Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:09

Hi. It *might* be worth waiting a while to see if this issue can be resolved first as your ongoing efforts to fix it may result in you losing control of the Skunk to the station. The devs are aware of the issue that I linked and whatever they might do to resolve it may help with your issue too.

I think your situation *may* have arisen out of the need for a way to avoid this very, very old bug.

I do know that you can replace a destroyed CV on a Player station, but that does seem a rather drastic way to replace an Architect even though CVs are quite cheap to buy!
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: Can't replace the architect

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:21

lostboron wrote:After finishing the campaign I realized I had a very bad architect for my first station (0 in 2 skills out of 3). I hired another one, and tried to make her replace the other, but I have not found a way to do it. Landing on the CV or station, no "work here" menu appears when I talk to the new architect. When I talk to her on the skunk, I can't choose the station or CV with the "work for me elsewhere" menu. There is also no way to fire the old one. Finally, I can't ask the CV to stop taking orders from the station.

Is this intentional (which I would find rather strange), or is this a bug ?

Do I have to destroy the CV to fix this, or would that preserve the old architect somehow ?

Thanks.
It was I think in v4.0 that the (clumsy, IMO) decision was made to prevent an infrequent bug by taking away the crew replacement option for architects altogether - sweeping the underlying problem under the rug without actually addressing it, but merely avoiding it in this very inelegant fashion. Unfortunately, unless this change is reversed in some future patch, you're stuck with that lemony architect, and your only recourse is to, expensively and time-consumingly, acquire and apply skill training "seminars" to that character.

(In fact, if/when I play the plot these days, I have to resort to saving the game just before the point where I am given back my Rahanas, Taranis, and other ships, along with the construction ship, in case I get a total rubbish architect, and keep reloading until I get an *adequate* one! Unfortunately, this doesn't help you at this juncture...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:23

Alan Phipps wrote:I do know that you can replace a destroyed CV on a Player station, but that does seem a rather drastic way to replace an Architect!
To the OP: I take it the CV in question is the one that builds your Integrated URV Forge? If this is the case, DO NOT blow it up to replace with a new one, as it is a special one able to build that unique station - a replacement may not be compatible.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:25

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:I do know that you can replace a destroyed CV on a Player station, but that does seem a rather drastic way to replace an Architect!
To the OP: I take it the CV in question is the one that builds your Integrated URV Forge? If this is the case, DO NOT blow it up to replace with a new one, as it is a special one able to build that unique station - a replacement may not be compatible.
i may be mistaken, but as far as i know the kind of CV only decides which kinds of Stations a CV can start building, but for completion or expansion it doesnt matter.... (please correct me if i am wrong....)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:28

Save before trying anything new and you can always go back if CV replacement etc doesn't do the trick as you wanted it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 20:40

Thank you for your replies. It sure looks like a bad "fix" for another bug.
Yes, it is the Integrated URV Forge. I might try seminars to get at lest 1 in each skill.

My station is at 99% hull and the architect does not let me repair it fully (the slider doesn't move when I ask for repairs). I wonder if this is because of its limited skills, if it is another bug, or if I am missing something... There are construction drones both in the CV and in the station.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 4. Jul 17, 22:04

lostboron wrote:Thank you for your replies. It sure looks like a bad "fix" for another bug.
Yes, it is the Integrated URV Forge. I might try seminars to get at lest 1 in each skill.

My station is at 99% hull and the architect does not let me repair it fully (the slider doesn't move when I ask for repairs). I wonder if this is because of its limited skills, if it is another bug, or if I am missing something... There are construction drones both in the CV and in the station.
the problem here is that repairing this actually like 0.1% hull costs no ressources* and the logic of the game is that when no ressources are required for the repairs there is nothing to repair. just ignore that ;)

better: fewer than 1 unit of any possible ressource, which is rounded down to 0
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 5. Jul 17, 00:00

UniTrader wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:
i may be mistaken, but as far as i know the kind of CV only decides which kinds of Stations a CV can start building, but for completion or expansion it doesnt matter.... (please correct me if i am wrong....)
UniTrader is 100% correct, any CV can finish any Station... what matters is the CV that build the initial Phase.

After a CV is deployed the Buildmodule (the part that stores what Stations it can build) is not longer used... Data and Buildplan for the Connected Station are than "saved" in the Station.

Relating the Plot CV... if i am not mistaken this special CV is indestructible.
There should be no need to replace it ever and it will stick to its Station for ever.

If ever needed i recomment This Mod

It will disband the CV from its Building Tasks and replace the "consumed" Architect with a fresh one.

For clarification, Architects are not able to work on other CVs once they are used... for some reasons that are unknown to me they will permanently keep the Buildplan for the Station that they have build.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”