No Video Options Available - Cannot Launch Game

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Chrpica

No Video Options Available - Cannot Launch Game

Post by Chrpica » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 00:34

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a problem on all three X3 games. When I launch, I'm taken to the splash loading screen where I can select video options. When that opens, my video card appears in the dropdown (twice), but no other options have any settings available, so I can't set resolution, etc. This means I can't launch the game.

System Information:
Source/Game: Steam versions, all updated to the latest releases. No mods. Have played TC before a few months back - no hardware changes since then.

Graphics Card: Radeon R9 390

DxDiag Report (full):
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/46c17 ... 6ca4aa315e

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 00:55

Missing options, such as the list of available resolutions, pretty much invariably means that there's a problem with the graphics driver installation. Try simply uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and then giving Windows a restart (remember that just shutting down your PC at the end of the day and switching it on again doesn't actually do this under Windows 10).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 14:25

Hi. I see from the DxDiag that your graphics card is installed twice at the exact same resolution. If you only have the one card that would be unusual and you can investigate further in Windows Device Manager and perhaps disable any unnecessary duplicate Radeon device installation and duplicate running of the driver.

Alternatively, and more as CBJ has advised, completely uninstall all the current Radeon drivers and then start afresh with the latest WHQL driver.

Next I would make sure that all X game exes are set to use the Radeon card and not the onboard Intel 3000 graphics chipset.

Good luck!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”