Games with an emotional impact

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 18:03

Final Fantasy 7 (that city of the Ancients scene)

That was so sad, and the music was bloody epic and moving. Thanks for the reminder.

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons

now that was an awesome game, and had a deep impact on me, and well worth playing
=

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 23:12

Forgot to add two great titles from console

Heavy Rain
The last of Us
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 10:30

matthewfarmery wrote:Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
+1

Very good game, indeed. The same goes for Dear Esther.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 11:30

birdtable wrote:@ Jericho ... I would say that you are still suffering from delayed sprog emotion,,, a bit sexist and ageist to suggest " maybe she's too old to find a good man"....... Poor old woman.. Mind you there are plenty of walk on parts for old women in certain Sci Fi games ... :)
Ageist and sexist, I definitely am :oops:

However, not in this case. I was pointing out that in her farm and the terrible town and surrounds, there are no 'good' men to be found, so her chances of finding one are round about zero, especially as her attitude and independence probably isn't what those 'good' men are used to. She has to rely on passing strangers being gunned down.

That bit where the mo-cap actress looks down and rubs her toe in the dirt... Heartbreaking. They should give out mo-cap awards (and ban Andy Serkis).
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 24. Jul 17, 23:31

Fascinating. I've seen almost none of the mentioned games.

Frustrational rage is not emotional, so no, I have seen (let alone played) no emotional games at all.

Nevertheless, finding dungeons in Ultima IV was awesome.

Return to “Off Topic English”