Border Control Ships as Hunters ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Border Control Ships as Hunters ??

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 22. Jul 17, 22:30

I've played Lost Lar and Boring Boron in AP lately. They're interesting because you have bad rep with both the Paranid and Split. Their ships are already red and you only lose percentage points in rep for capping them. Capping them for $ funds my early efforts. Usually it's M3s and the big Paranid TS which sell for $1 Mil. If their morale is 10 or lower, I'll take them. I get most of them from Hatikvah and Pirate alley from Nopileos to Farnham.

Okay, I'm getting to my question. I've noticed that a station gets turned to red in Paranid or Split space when I cap one of their ships. Not a big deal. I'll have money later and can pay to turn it blue again.

But unusual things are happening. I capped a few Paranid targets in Split Fire. Then later an Border Control Perseus shows in Home of Light where I dock a lot. I've never seen Border Control ships outside of the sectors they're defending. Yet I've seen them a number of times now well outside their areas. A few times my Sat in a sector just disappears, like from Cloud SW. I've never attacked a Paranid in Paranid space. And Argon give you rep for attacking Paranid in their sectors So it appears that the Paranid are responding to my caps by coming after me. Nothing that can't be handled but I'm wondering about it.

Anyone else notice this?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 19:53

It's not uncommon for the warring races to mount incursions into neighboring enemy sectors, even as far as two or three sectors. For example, Home of Light seems to be a popular target of the Paranid, and the Argon like to beat up on Paranid Prime. If you're an enemy of the Paranid, and they see one of your assets in an Argon sector they're harrassing, they'll prioritize your assets over the locals. You reap what you sow. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Border Control Ships as Hunters ??

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 02:12

Bill Huntington wrote: Okay, I'm getting to my question. I've noticed that a station gets turned to red in Paranid or Split space when I cap one of their ships. Not a big deal. I'll have money later and can pay to turn it blue again.
An aggressive move vs a station-owned ship (as opposed to a random NPC flier) is likely to turn the station red vs your faction; make sure to check automated traders for faction aggression differences (if you care:))!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 18:53

Nanook wrote:It's not uncommon for the warring races to mount incursions into neighboring enemy sectors, even as far as two or three sectors.
I think Bill's question is: Are Border Collies related to the offensive Military, or to the Comfy Chair Customs Cops?

I have not paid attention to the matter.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 20:01

Border patrollers will 'go next door' upon occasion. I've even seen them as part of attacking task forces.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”