Corrupted Saves - Resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ArnoldWest

Corrupted Saves - Resolved

Post by ArnoldWest » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 19:42

Hello,

So.

I have 105hrs into the game. I have not modded it (I did try to once to get "free" energy cell farms, the mod where you pay more to make ECells without crystals, but I decided against it and stopped using it and went back to pre-mod saves and it worked fine).

So

I have not played in 2 years. Computer is the same, no hardware changes.

All my saves are corrupt.

I load my backup folder 1, all my saves are corrupt.

I load my backup folder 2, all my saves are corrupt.

I load my backup folder 3, all saves work, less than 5hrs gametime.

Can anyone please rescue me? I don't know what has happened or why. All these saves were working when I stopped playing some time ago.

If no-one can advise me how to rescue these saves, I will settle gratefully for a savegame where you aren't a pirate and are just about to deploy the Hub station, and you have a hyperion :D

Tall order I know. Thanks.
Last edited by ArnoldWest on Sun, 23. Jul 17, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 20:51

It sounds like you didn't fully remove the mod that you'd installed, and that the savegames that are "corrupt" are actually ones made while the mod, or part of it, was still installed. Your could try reinstalling that mod and see if that helps.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 20:53

... also which game? Remember that Steam X3AP needs both X3AP and X3TC to be verified clean vanilla.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ArnoldWest

Post by ArnoldWest » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 20:54

Scratch that, problem solved.

Used a friend's Steam Library (Family Share) to download 3.3 of the game, whereas my copy from time immemorial was only 3.0.

My saves work perfectly with the 3.3 version of the game. Who knows why.

I suggest this solution to any others who suffer this fate.

I am changing the title.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 23. Jul 17, 21:18

Good to hear. Certainly updating to the latest available vanilla version is always recommended (although using the authorised update method for your game's origin). That may well overwrite corrupt or modified gamefiles in the process.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”