Dead-is-Dead A CTD (crash to desktop) and I loose the save? [X3 TC]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

InFi[D]eL
x4

Dead-is-Dead A CTD (crash to desktop) and I loose the save? [X3 TC]

Post by InFi[D]eL » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 04:36

So I'm doing quite well. About 4 million in the bank with another 4 mill in ship assets. Doing as easy as piss mission to kill something. No problem and the game crashes out. "poof"

Things like this happen, fine. When I loaded the X3 TC back up the Dead is dead save no longer existed. It was just gone as if I had actually died. Which I didn't. I just replayed X3 Reunion and the game did crash on occasion so I was making a point of "quit saving" the dead is dead game for this very reason.

I can appreciate I wasn't that far in but that's not the point. What if that was billions as apposed to millions. Please tell me that this isn't supposed to happen? Loosing everything because you died and thus failed sucks but that is the very nature of the challenge. If I'm just going to loose the lot if the game crashes then I'll not be making the attempt again.

I'd like to add that steam was/is online and working fine. I also checked to see I was still online in steam before quitting the game (in order to save) each and every time.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. Jul 17, 14:57

I think that the TC DiD save is effectively erased at the point that you start playing again and so there is no 'current' save whatever happens until you exit and save normally. I'm not saying that is necessarily a good idea, just that I think that it works like that.

A perhaps better idea before playing DiD again is to investigate further as to why your X games are crashing.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

InFi[D]eL
x4

Post by InFi[D]eL » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 18:16

So as Soon as I load a DiD save in game the save is also deleted? Jesus what an awful system.

Well thanks for the info.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”