NEWS: X Rebirth Virtual Reality Edition - Early Access launch, XCon 2017 and X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 12:53

Hi :)
Looking forward to reading/seeing any information on X4.
I presume there will be some screenshots, or basic information about the design of the game and general info on what the basic ideas the game hopes to achieve. :)

Oldman :)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 15:27

Think of x rebirth and x3 combined in one kinda, I mean all x games are so similar so I doubt were gonna be shocked when screenies or anything come out. I'm guessing its just a x rebirth based game with a few new sectors some extra flyable ships hopefully with cockpits and not what x3 did. Few new stations, a bad plot with not enough invested and dodgy voice over dialogue and badly made NPCs. I mean yeah I'm being a bit hard on em but its egosoft, they do the usual which is a bit better in general from the last game. If its better than that then good/great but im not getting my hopes up after been disappointed in x games after x2 tbh.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 16:53

Oldman wrote:Looking forward to reading/seeing any information on X4.
I presume there will be some screenshots, or basic information about the design of the game and general info on what the basic ideas the game hopes to achieve. :)
This is why I asked about media coverage.

I may be overthinking it, but XCon seems like X4's first press release using fan-oriented event to drive it. A little hare-brained, but it would be a clever way to start rebuilding trust with their old X3-era audience after alienating large parts of it with XR.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

carran
x4

Post by carran » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 17:10

A5PECT wrote:
Oldman wrote:Looking forward to reading/seeing any information on X4.
This is why I asked about media coverage.

I may be overthinking it, but XCon seems like X4's first press release using fan-oriented event to drive it. A little hare-brained, but it would be a clever way to start rebuilding trust with their old X3-era audience after alienating large parts of it with XR.
I like your thinking

Unfortunately I can't attend - the Monday is public holiday in the UK - otherwise I would have enjoyed attending just as I did Jodrell Bank for X2 preview

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 17:46

In another topic linolafett floated the idea of streaming part of the event. Given how many users here expressed the desire but are unable to attend, prioritizing streaming would be prudent.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 20:00

linolafett wrote:I hope we can stream something, but nothing is confirmed yet. Please dont get your hopes up too much.
People will be able to film freely though
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=150

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 16:32

It seems this question has not been answered/asked:

If I don't have a VR set, and have no plan to have one, what is in VR for me? Can I play the game without a VR set?

My apologies if this has been answered before

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 16:58

Yes, you can play XR VR completely without VR Headset and VR controllers too. However, please note that the majority of changes in XR VR were made to provide a good VR experience. Thus, if you own X Rebirth already, but do not plan on investing into VR gear, it's questionable whether the additional purchase of XR VR is worthwile. Please see also the answers to the XR VR Early Access questions number 14, 15 and 17 for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 17:23

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Yes, you can play XR VR completely without VR Headset and VR controllers too. However, please note that the majority of changes in XR VR were made to provide a good VR experience. Thus, if you own X Rebirth already, but do not plan on investing into VR gear, it's questionable whether the additional purchase of XR VR is worthwile. Please see also the answers to the XR VR Early Access questions number 14, 15 and 17 for reference.
Thanks !!!!

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 02:53

Skeeter wrote:Think of x rebirth and x3 combined in one kinda, I mean all x games are so similar so I doubt were gonna be shocked when screenies or anything come out. I'm guessing its just a x rebirth based game with a few new sectors some extra flyable ships hopefully with cockpits and not what x3 did. Few new stations, a bad plot with not enough invested and dodgy voice over dialogue and badly made NPCs. I mean yeah I'm being a bit hard on em but its egosoft, they do the usual which is a bit better in general from the last game. If its better than that then good/great but im not getting my hopes up after been disappointed in x games after x2 tbh.
missed the cheezy lines of characters in x2. good thing i boot it up just to have a glimpse of storyline. gameplay wise though i can't last long without having a mouse and better looking ships in X3.

Guess i'll tune in to the streaming event i suppose since it costs too much for me to fly there from a third world country :wink:

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 09:09

I don't know if they are actually allowed to record and stream the event without the consent of everybody else?

Yet it would be extremely mandatory to provide all information, about X4 from the XCON, online as well.
Or this is going to become a hypetrain based on false 2nd hand facts, promises and dreams.

Looking at you CBJ !! You are the one who accuses us (the fans) doing that on purpose, from time to time.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 08:51

Tamina wrote:I don't know if they are actually allowed to record and stream the event without the consent of everybody else?

Yet it would be extremely mandatory to provide all information, about X4 from the XCON, online as well.
Or this is going to become a hypetrain based on false 2nd hand facts, promises and dreams.

Looking at you CBJ !! You are the one who accuses us (the fans) doing that on purpose, from time to time.

Yesterday came the official information that the XCon on 26.08.2017 takes place. Visitors can film and talk openly. Egosoft will try to stream from the event so everyone who can not come up with all the info. Perhaps it will also be possible to answer questions online. I think most of the questions should be answered here. ;)

Edit: Almost forgotten. The XCon starts at 3:00 pm and is supposed to last until 7:00 pm. Whether the entire XCon is broadcast live is not known.
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 09:50

TVCD wrote:The XCon starts at 3:00 pm and is supposed to last until 7:00 pm. Whether the entire XCon is broadcast live is not known.
*1:00 pm - 5:00 pm UTC
:)

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 15:10

Tamina wrote:
TVCD wrote:The XCon starts at 3:00 pm and is supposed to last until 7:00 pm. Whether the entire XCon is broadcast live is not known.
Oh sorry, but in the English news stands also the german time. ;-)
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=395937

<That is the logical thing to do because the news item is about attending in person in Germany and so uses local German timings. Alan Phipps>

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 15:17

Tamina wrote:Looking at you CBJ !! You are the one who accuses us (the fans) doing that on purpose, from time to time.
You're taking it way too personally! It's something that the internet does because it involves a large mass of people, not something a few individual fans do intentionally. And a bit of video streaming won't stop it. :)

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 18:20

TVCD wrote:
Tamina wrote:

<That is the logical thing to do because the news item is about attending in person in Germany and so uses local German timings. Alan Phipps>
@Alan Phipps
I think Tamina meant the live broadcast in UTC time for internatinal users. ;-)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 18:48

@CBJ
Nothing taken personally here. Just a little bit teasing you to stream the event ;)
TVCD wrote:
TVCD wrote:
Tamina wrote:

@Alan Phipps
I think Tamina meant the live broadcast in UTC time for internatinal users. ;-)
This is correct, even though I don't know with whom you are talking with at all right now :P :D

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Tue, 15. Aug 17, 18:52

Alan Phipps edit my post. The last sentence is not mine. ;-)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”