PBG remover?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dizzorganizer
x4

PBG remover?

Post by Dizzorganizer » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 06:27

I fancied myself an OK pilot, rarely having to reload or even repair, and played enough hours on Reunion to know my♥♥♥♥♥♥ I can take a Nova with an Elite and win. BUT:

I have encountered PBGs before and got incinerated, but i figured, i shouldnt be fighting these things in an Buster (or whatever M4 i had). Fair enough.

today, i ran into two unupgraded Susanowas which had twin PBGs installed, one seriously damaged, one intact. I am Flying a capped Xenon L with a 25MJ shield, 3 PRGs and a Pac.

I killed the damaged Yaki without taking too much dmg, and turned to the second one, managing to trail it. I thought the range on the PBGs was 800 as advertised - but at 1.9km, the flames were already right in my face... it took like, 1 second to burn me extra crispy.

The next time i managed to trail it, but then he turns around for a split second - dead.

The next try i turned and flew away as soon as i saw the flames, instead of watching the range indicator - dead, bcs you can apparently dodge ONE of the bursts, but not both them...

The third time i tried to soften them up with missiles - well, apparently PBG are a perfect missile defense as well - i fired 4 banshees, a wildfire, a hurricane and a bunch of Mosquitos into them - not a SINGLE one connected.

So - You cant tank PBGs, you cant dodge PBGs, you cant really outrange them unless you have a full set of 8 weapons and half an hour or you are flying a capital ship, you cant kill the a ship mounting PBGs with missiles.

Is there a Mod to just outright delete those things out of the game? I dont wanna say they are OP, but...

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 10:36

I'm not sure how the game assigns weapons to ships but if they are randomly picked from the compatible weapon categories for a slot then you could simply move the PBG to another category that is not compatible with any ship.

In X3TC the PBG should be assigned to the category (Subtype) "SG_LASER_PIRATE_LIGHT". If you change that to "SG_LASER_UNKNOWN2" for example the weapon is not compatible anymore and therefore shouldn't be selected for ships. Lasers are modified in Types\TLaser.pck. This can be done with X3 Editor 2. Just find TLaser.pck in the highest .cat file.

I'm afraid that this modification may not help with ships that are already created in your game. They already got the guns. What may happen is that they can't fire them. :D
So best thing would be to test this with a savegame where you know that a certain ship has PBGs. Then you apply the mod, load that savegame and see what the ship does and what data is on the info screen for that ship (it shouldn't list the PBG as valid anymore).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”