Paul Counts

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Paul Counts

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 14:36

I use gmail, 99%+ of the spam I receive is from Paul Counts, or Paul@Counts etc. No amount of "marking as spam" seems to reduce the volume, and I am surprised that google seem to be incapable of stemming the flow.

Does anybody else receive unwelcome mail from this source? Does anybody have any advice as to how I could remove this annoyance?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 17:02

I've never received any spam from a source with that name? Dunno if it's a gmail-specific thing or what.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 17:12

Can you not create a filter on gmail, which blocks emails from a specific domain or moves them to a specific folder, so that they do not end up in your inbox?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 18:25

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Can you not create a filter on gmail, which blocks emails from a specific domain or moves them to a specific folder, so that they do not end up in your inbox?
^--- This.

Just have it all sent to a spam folder, anything with his name in it.

If that doesn't work, there may be some help available from Gmail.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 18:55

Yeah I can set up a filter easily enough. It just surprises me that google haven't done something to squish it.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 00:30

I have a gmail account but I don't I ever got any spam to it. It's not my primary but I get very little on that anyway.

I used to get lots with a postal address in Panama City but they stopped, thankfully.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 5. Aug 17, 00:37

Do you have a contact called 'Paul Counts' in your gmail contacts? Even one from a company that emailed you once - Gmail has a habit of adding everyone you reply to to your contacts. I've had similar experiences in the past, but always using a name that was in my contacts list (and sometimes from people who had had their account compromised and their own contact list - including my address - exposed).
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “Off Topic English”