dropping factories on enemy capitals?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 20:03

:twisted: Gotcha!

Lets see:
http://seizewell.de/x3ap/fabriken.php?w ... scdesc=ASC
Mine M are 8'000 units. Like CCK, not suitable for the job.
Distillery is 8'000 units too, but expensive.

Dream Farm M: 9'000 units @275k cr
Teladi Mosquito: 10'000 units @526k cr
Cattle Ranch M: 11'500 units @275k cr
BoGas M: 11'000 units @225k cr

In other words, Cattle Ranches are quite nice but in a swamp a Mammoth can trample six gnats with ease.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 00:27

:lol:

Dream farm for the knockout blow!
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Bill Huntington
x3tc

I love the 'station bomb'

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 02:46

I've enjoyed some great AP combat the last few days. With 'station bombing' I was able to invade the tough Paranid home sectors and board all the Oddy and Zeus capitals in the AP universe. An Oddy sells for $70 mil. The boarding was like in TC but the Rapid Reaction Force changed all that. The good old days are here again!

I just used three ships: a Hype (with attached Kestral), a Mammoth, and a Cobra. A jump beacon made it much easier too. I'd get to distant spot in a sector, expel the JB, jump in the Mamm first, station bomb, jump in the Cobra, pick up the JB, wait a bit for Rapid Reaction forces, station bomb, board the Oddy or Zeus. After the first sector, the RRF come in groups of two or three, not the big group you get the first time.

A Split choice for a station bomb: Scruffin M, 10k, $320 k.

A note. In a few days, a good question became a partial answer then a full blown new tactic for viewers of the Forum. Somebody might have known before. Now we all do.

Good hunting!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RainerPrem
x4

Re: I love the 'station bomb'

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 08:54

Bill Huntington wrote:I've enjoyed some great AP combat the last few days. With 'station bombing' I was able to invade the tough Paranid home sectors and board all the Oddy and Zeus capitals in the AP universe. An Oddy sells for $70 mil. The boarding was like in TC but the Rapid Reaction Force changed all that. The good old days are here again!

I just used three ships: a Hype (with attached Kestral), a Mammoth, and a Cobra. A jump beacon made it much easier too. I'd get to distant spot in a sector, expel the JB, jump in the Mamm first, station bomb, jump in the Cobra, pick up the JB, wait a bit for Rapid Reaction forces, station bomb, board the Oddy or Zeus. After the first sector, the RRF come in groups of two or three, not the big group you get the first time.

A Split choice for a station bomb: Scruffin M, 10k, $320 k.

A note. In a few days, a good question became a partial answer then a full blown new tactic for viewers of the Forum. Somebody might have known before. Now we all do.

Good hunting!
Hi,

why do you "station bomb" before the boarding? What exactly do you destroy?

cu
Rainer

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 09:17

The defenses for the key Paranid sectors are pretty intense. Before I bring in the Cobra, I'll take out any M7s like Deimos and Agamenon. Sometimes there are RRF already in the sector. I'll take them out right away. All of those would come after the Cobra ASAP. I'll use the Hype to take out the Nemesis and Hades, plus any smaller ships that come after the Cobra. If I waited there would be too many big attackers to close to get them all. All of this makes for an interesting session of combat.

Sometimes the big ships in-sector are attacking the 'station bombs' that you dropped before, so they become a distraction even after you use them.

A note: my bank account is $700 Mil, mostly from selling Oddy and Zeus from boarding. Yes, $700 Mil.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 22. Aug 17, 17:05

M7: big enough to be annoying, too small to bother with boarding.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”