Station building stops after initial expansion of construction ship - WAD

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

Station building stops after initial expansion of construction ship - WAD

Post by rp198419 » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 14:03

Having started to build a station, construction stops after the construction ship extends and initial supplies have been delivered.

The ship has an architect, defence officer and captain. I have supplied the architect with 50 million credits but she never seems to use more than 3.5m and never asks for more. I have to keep checking to top up the amount she has transferred, even though the management account has millions already in it., for her to use.

Half the required components, e-cell fabs in particular, are still missing after 3.5 hours and no further progress appears to be apparent. The architect is responsible for procuring the necessary materials, as per the instructions when hiring her.

I don't expect a space station to built in 10 minutes - even if the contruction ship was bbuily in less - but nor do I expect the workers to go on strike either!

Seriously though, there seems to be a bug in the material 'supply chain'.

Thanks.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 14:18

I'm not sure I entirely understand your report.

If the first stage of the station has been completed but e-cell fabs are missing, you need to contact the Architect and order them to Extend the station with additional modules. A station will not auto-build over time.

If the first stage isn't complete yet even though the Architect has sufficient money, she may be waiting for ships to deliver some required components (e.g. Energy Cells or Fusion Reactors).

If this doesn't address the issue, please provide a bit more info about the station name, the wares stored in the CV, what the Architect was order to build, and on whether the CV has any Purchase Orders on the market or not.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 15:35

Disclaimer: I'm only playing the non-VR version of XR, but I'm pretty sure the building rules are the same.

The way I get it, your station doesn't build because the CV doesn't have the wares.

You can give credits to your architect and wait for him to buy the wares, but that takes a frigging long time. Economy in XR is fully simulated. Your architect will have to use wares that are actually produced by other stations, and physically delivered to the CV by existing NPC traders.
You can assign your own traders to your architect to make this process go faster, but otherwise it will rely on NPC traders alone.
That's not even taking into account the fact that some wares are either super hard to find, or might simply not be produced within a reasonable range of your CV, which can make things go even slower.

What I personally do is use my own traders to manually supply the wares to the CV. That way, you can make sure everything get's delivered in a timely fashion. You will also be able to buy wares for much cheaper if you get some discount. Hard to find wares might require some creativity should you need large amount of them.

So no, the feature is not broken. It's just not the most efficient. It's a good back-up method to slowly get some rarer materials, though. Your architect will always be on the watch to buy them, while you might be busy doing other things.

So, my advice: E-Cell, buy them yourself. They are cheap and produced almost everywhere.
Fusion reactor... Buy what you can find, check the stations producing them and try to time yourself with the end of their production cycle...
Scan ships trading with these stations and go pirate on them? Yarr! :pirat:

Happy hunting!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 17:40

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I'm not sure I entirely understand your report.

If the first stage isn't complete yet even though the Architect has sufficient money, she may be waiting for ships to deliver some required components (e.g. Energy Cells or Fusion Reactors).
Hi Sparky

The resources list said e-fab are missing which is why the first stage cannot yet be completed. The list does not say which components precisely are missing.

I have also just posted that there is no information on which ships can transport fusion reactors - though i know where to get them - and my bulk carrier (energy) apparently 'cannot carry fusion reactors'

So, tell me which ship can carry these things and where i can buy one and I'll go get some fusion reactors, plating etc.

The architect is currently flagging a 'buying' signal for these things. I know they are in short supply but I cannot help but think that a balance pass on certain commodities is necessary. Also, the lack of available information is terrible. If you want people to enjoy this potentially wonderful game, at least give the information to enable them to do so.

Hope this make s the situation clear; sorry for any confusion.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 18:26

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

An "e-fab" isn't an actual ware/resouce. I think you're referring to the E-Cell Fab module that Energy Cell-producing stations can be extended/upgraded with. Its also the very first module that such stations include after their initial construction phase. For example:
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ergy+Array

If there are missing resources, they're either being delivered by a ship that hasn't arrived yet (in which case you can infer their identity by comparing what is in the cargo of the CV to what the wiki says is needed to build the module) or the CV will have active trade offers for things (e.g. Fusion Reactors as they're rare as you noticed).
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Wed, 9. Aug 17, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 22:00

Thanks Sparky

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 01:42

As a side note Fusion reactors is a container type of ware. So a ship that can transport container wares is the one you are looking for. Once you have it in your squad and are in the Trade menu, you can swap ship types using the arrows either side.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 14:22

*UPDATE*

Some fusion reactors and plating arrived last night (about half of what is required in total), after about 6 hours since deploying the CV.

I cannot tell you how great it is in VR to see the conruction drones working and being able to fly around the construction site seeing what is going on as the station is slowly built. Wonderful and well done EgoSoft! (Elite Dangerous suck it up!)

I still think though that there needs to be a balance pass on reinforced plating and furion reactors. In a real econonmy - and the XRVR economy sim is good - extra resources would spring up to increase the output of rare products. My own station will be one of them.

Maybe in a futur update; such figures are after all only variables which can be changes, in which case there is no extra coding required.

Well impressed with the game so far, despite the other points I have raised in other posts.

Fenhris
x4

Post by Fenhris » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 12:41

By the way. a useful way of making sure your first stage of a station is build faster is to make sure the CV has all the needed materials before being given the initial build order.

The CV can hold enough recources for several modules. Only the larges of stations will use so many recources that the CV can only hold enough for one.

As a general rule of thumb, CVs mostly use container type wares and Energy wares. If you can board a Rahanas Energy/container from the pirates in the Albion sector you will be all set.

Funny thing though in the game I am running I have no problems with fusion Reactors at all. I am yet to find a station producing Reinforced Metal Plating though ;-)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”