[TC]Station building missions relocation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ajime
x4

[TC]Station building missions relocation

Post by ajime » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 05:25

Was happily trying out the relocation abuse by nudging the dropoff beacon. It seems it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't when you deploy it. Is there an actual range from the beacon's original drop off point?
I once nudged around 30 km from its original spawn point. and it doesn't get transferred to the faction upon deployment.

Usually what i do is I'd like to manually realign the factions to be station where i want it to be, too keep it tidy. :wink:

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 05:42

actually the beacon can be completely ignored, it just normally marks the spot which has to be hit with a decent accuracy.
However you can either purposely or by chance move this beacon away from the target spot, but you still have to hit the spot not the beacon.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Sinxar
x4

Re: [TC]Station building missions relocation

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 05:50

ajime wrote:I once nudged around 30 km from its original spawn point. and it doesn't get transferred to the faction upon deployment.
Yeah it doesn't work like that.

There was an issue (i think this has been fixed) in the Albion sectors in AP because of all the debris the beacon would be placed in accordance with the collision avoidance system making it impossible to know where to actually build the station.

It is still an issue in TC though but not as bad in most cases. Sometimes it gets placed too close to an asteroid or station then gets moved automatically so you can't tell where to build. In other cases the station can be too close to other objects and be impossible to place, so make sure you save before doing any mission, never know what could go wrong.

Anyway it expects the station at a specific area (something like 10km from original beacon location), moving the beacon willingly or by the game doing doesn't move the build point.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”