Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 21:47

@ tuyijop: "For me same problem and not mod installed"

Had you intended to link a mature vanilla save to help the devs then?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 23:26

before the patch...but no response :cry:

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 23:40

tuyijop wrote:before the patch...but no response :cry:
I've had a look through your past XRVR posts and I couldn't find a save linked by you so Devs may not be able to either.

Please could you re-link your uploaded save in this thread?

Many thanks.

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 02:12

Can you enjoy the link please...i try again

Thank you. ;-)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 10:07

Will try building Warehouses in productive Systems to continually buy products I may require and so alleviate any peaks and troughs. Hopefully this buffer will reduce the micro management and the concern that no product will be available when needed.... This (fingers crossed) should give the freedom to develop a commercial enterprise that will supply all goods required to all stations.... Well that's the plan ... :)

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 11:13

I would like to share this save for the devs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avi1asWTGw5ahmPQdGvX5hztLP-c

It's about 16 hours in. I have to admit that there is 1 mod (flybysubscribe) active and i changed the save to have a lot more money from the beginning.

I did this to see if its possible in any way to get the wares you need to build a station (in this example an construction shop) in albion if money is not a problem.

And it is, but i had to ship a lot of them by myself from the construction shop in HOL. It meant a lot of waiting and timing the production cycles to get the RMPs, even in this early stage of the game since i had not to bother about 'how do i get the money to start building'

What i especially want to show with this save is the following:

Flying around in the systems i discovered so far i see LOTS of trade ships with no active misssion. Most of the ships are just hovering around with 'searching for trades' and doing nothing. At some stations i've seen 4-5 trade ships floating around and doing absolutely nothing for quite a while.

It seems to me that there are much to less reasonable trade offers to get all these ships moving or - on the other hand - there much too much trade ships at the beginning and that could also be part of the problem. If there are SO many ships searching for wares, it could be unavoidable that every needed ware is gone in a few seconds after producing since every waiting ship with fitting cargo space will throw itself on it the second it appears.

So, maybe, with reducing the amount of stations in the VR Universe - is it possible that the starting amount of trade ships wasn't touched? And this is at least a part of the problem for the players?

Opinions?
Intel Core I9 9900k @ 5GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator @ 3.6GHz CL15
ASUS WS Z390 pro
ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti

Samsung C49RG9 49" 32:9 - 5120x1440
Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Setup

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 20:20

With the latest update we've increased the supply of RMP in Albion by upgrading the factory that produces it there. It may take a while for supply issues to ease in existing games, and you may still need to buy quickly when stocks become available, but it should make life a little easier. Feel free to let us know how you get on.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 11:10

Has anyone noticed vast increases in bought goods required by stations since last hotfix to ease the RMP shortage.
I noticed when I started building new URV station all Medical Supplies just vanished.
For example .. TER Warehouse .. Cold Star/Ode Monument/Longest Reign needs .. 275k Food Rations, 300k Medical, 250k Energy, 120K Meat...etc another station required 800k water....
I do run a modded game but if anyone running vanilla could check...Thanks.

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 14:11

Would you still need saves?

I am not yet 'fairly advanced', but have a few weeks of sick leave now, so plenty of time for playing :-) My current save has 16 hours of play time before the hotfix, and some more since then. If you still need a savegame, would you prefer one with some player-built RMP supply or without? I don't have a station yet but am planning to build one soon.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 14:23

birdtable wrote:Has anyone noticed vast increases in bought goods required by stations since last hotfix to ease the RMP shortage.
Whatever this is, it won't be related to the change we made to ease the RMP shortage. We were very careful to make sure that the method we used wouldn't have a knock-on effect on the input resources.
ZacKPloK wrote:Would you still need saves?
Not unless you are able to show us something new. But thanks for the offer.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 21:39

Thanks for the info CBJ,,, My opinion (for what it is worth) is that Rebirth VR should have been more mission based,, High Tier stations suffering from a lack of basics.. Ore, Food and Water..... with requests for the player to supply these goods.. The player could then have slowly built a trading chain from the ground up....

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 14:39

Hey, I don't see a real improvement. Or maybe before it was even worse. I cannot find a single piece of RMP in Albion. Which station is supposed to build it? I think I found all zones but not a single construction shop :?

I think generally there's a problem with the supply of the basic goods like food and energy. In Omicron, the RMP factory is stopped because of lack of Bofu. Bofu star is not working because no energy and no soy. Soy farm also misses energy.

The economy should be able to run at least on a low level without player's help. Maybe it's possible to give priority to factories who are working in a line to build new factories? Especially RMP and fusion reactors :roll: Stations like Construction shops, and food producers could offer higher prices when out of stock than stations like URV producers.

Especially for new players it is more or less impossible to build stations without lookin on the internet. Even I don't know which station is producing RMP in Albion, so i cannot supply it with the needed wares. Maybe add the producing stations of wares to the in game Encyclopedia? This would at least be a starting point. And not only when you found and scanned the station, but from the beginning. I mean, today I can find everything I want to know about car factories with Google, but in the future I have to scan stations by myself to have information in the encyclopedia?

PleXD

Post by PleXD » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 01:59

I understand there is a steep learning curve in this game and this makes it harder for new players. But I think this also what makes this game fun. It means that even after 10s of hours of playing there is always something new to do and explore.

There will always be bottlenecks in the economy because as soon as you plug one hole the economy moves on and then a new bottle gets created at another point. The economy does move at a lower level but obviously it only goes as fast as the bottleneck allows.

ZackPlok you said you noticed that there is a lack of energy and food. So why not buy yourself an energy and container freighter and make alot of money plugging that gap? The end result means that there is more RMB in the economy.

From what I have read from new players through out the years is that alot of people jump into trying to build a new station without really knowing how the game works. I think there really needs to be a warning when buying your first construction ship saying this may not be an easy process and that you may have to source a lot of the resources manually and through cunning means.

I remember when trying to build the first station in the campaign camping jump beacons scanning freighters as they jumped in looking for fusion reactors and then when one showed up disabling the engines and jump drive and proceeding to board. (then having to fright off or board the Taranis' when they showed up)

This is just one method out of many that could be used. Was I frustrated that it was not building? yes but it made me think outside the box.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”