[X3AP] What's the point of fighting?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Viperswhip
x3ap

Post by Viperswhip » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 21:48

I am pretty sure the enemies get more difficult as your fighting rank goes up, so I spend very minimal time fighting until I have something like an Elephant to just blow up a whole sector of Xenon all at once. I am not sure exactly what draws me to X3 continually, but getting blowed up Xenon isn't one of them.

I do love the exploration, even though I've been to every sector on this map many times now, I also love building up a fleet of traders and visiting my various stations around the galaxy and seeing my creds go up and up and up.

The fighting gets fun for me when I have a legit shot at it, and because I kind of suck I mostly need a really good ship.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 22:15

Viperswhip wrote:I am pretty sure the enemies get more difficult as your fighting rank goes up
Not really. The Xenon K that you see the first time you err into Xenon sector as Harmless and the Xenon K you meet there as Xtreme are "identical" (their equipment has been generated with identical randomness). The natives do not evolve. :split:

The missions that spawn enemies do scale the amount of ships by your combat rank though. Quantity, not quality.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 05:41

jlehtone wrote:
Viperswhip wrote:I am pretty sure the enemies get more difficult as your fighting rank goes up
Not really. The Xenon K that you see the first time you err into Xenon sector as Harmless and the Xenon K you meet there as Xtreme are "identical" (their equipment has been generated with identical randomness). The natives do not evolve. :split:

The missions that spawn enemies do scale the amount of ships by your combat rank though. Quantity, not quality.
Hi,

I dare to contradict. Fighting missions increase both. You won't see capital ships in fight missions when you're low level. So: Quantity AND Quality.

cu
Rainer

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 16:08

Fair point. I did think along the lines of the gerbils do not learn new tricks.

Quantity alone can be a killer.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 16:50

jlehtone wrote:Fair point. I did think along the lines of the gerbils do not learn new tricks.

Quantity alone can be a killer.
I'm pretty much with this. Replacing an M5 with a dozen M5s is increasing quantity, but really replacing an M5 with a destroyer is still just increasing quantity. To increase quality would involve some sort of improvement in strategy or tactics, and that never happens.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”