CV crew & CV redundant after station completion? - ANSWERED

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rp198419

CV crew & CV redundant after station completion? - ANSWERED

Post by rp198419 » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 20:27

So my first station is now complete in all sections.

What happens to the architect and other CV crew? Can they be reassigned?

What happens to the CV? What is its purpose now the station is complete? Indeed, why is it still there as I thought it was supposed to use its own parts to build the station?

Can I transfer the construction drones somewhere else more useful?

Station hull is currently 98% but despite the fact that CV has an engineer on board and so does the station, no one is repairing the hull...or does the station hull have to be falling apart before it gets repaired?

For the new player, these all seem perfectly reasonable questions...yet the answers are once again seemingly unavailable.

Please advise.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 21:03

Ahh, the quirks of station building!

Engineers aboard stations do nothing, sadly. (Although there are mods that will fix that). If you want to repair your station, you will have to contact your architect and check the build options list. You should have an option to repair the station. (Option 2 or 3 at the bottom of the window). You will then need to deliver a few wares to the CV so it can get repairing (usually 5-10 units of standard construction wares for a few % points).

It's often been argued that the ideal scenario would be to have the architect (or an engineer) transfer aboard the station and use station drones to do the repairs, thus freeing the CV for other station builds. (Actually, most of the discussions turned around how the CV should act as a base module for the station, being actuvely consumed during the construction, but the other scenario has also been mentioned a few time.) Sadly, neither were ever implemented. You can do something with a few mod combinations, though. (There's a mod to reassign CV and another for using engineers on stations, for example.)

So to answer your questions, the CV stays there to assure station maintenance and repairs. I've never tried to remove CV's crew. I've always kept them there if only to avoid getting the upkeep missions from popping up. For that same reason (and for eventual repairs), I usually keep the minimum of 5 cargo drones and 5 builder drones aboard the CV. I transfer any excess of drones where they will do more good, however.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

rp198419

Post by rp198419 » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 21:37

Thank you my friend for that esoteric explanation. Obviously, they think differently in space!

I will investigate the mods as you suggest.

I have just posted a bug report regarding two giguram ships trying to deliver to the CV at the same time and in opposite directions! As a result, they continue to bounce off each other and the docking bay is now inaccessible to any other ship!

The poor old CV seems to have its problems.

Actually, collision detection is not good in XRVR. Never set the autopilot when in Albion or you'll end up hitting a station or an asteroid. Mind you, the autopilot is weird anyway...but that is for another day.

Thanks once more for your help.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”