VERY Suggestion about Loading

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

csatrad
x4

VERY Suggestion about Loading

Post by csatrad » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 18:28

Please add an option (preferably by default on) that the game auto pauses after load.
In X4 or any mod/patch for X Rebirth.

(if it would work for quickload that would be awesome too!)

Much love and support, Csatrad.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 09:08

that's a good idea!
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 13:44

Also very simple tweak but will avoid lots of user aggro - when main menu loads by default select the option "Continue", currently XR selects "New" which is useful only once
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 14:26

Charon_A wrote:Also very simple tweak but will avoid lots of user aggro - when main menu loads by default select the option "Continue", currently XR selects "New" which is useful only once
+1000! OK, I know that was hyperbolically emphatic, but I completely agree (well, obviously.) The current default has never made sense to me, and I've almost posted about this, myself. 'Continue' makes much more sense than 'New Game', considering that the latter gets used sporadically, while the former is the appropriate choice the vast majority of the time. I think possibly the best way to implement the change would be to swap the two menu items around, with 'Continue' at the top - this way, if there are no saved games (eg. new player, fresh install), then 'Continue' would be greyed out and the default option would simply move down to the next one, 'New Game'. (To be perfectly frank, this would not only make the most sense, but obviously so, in fact...)

EDIT: Actually, the menu items are already listed in the order I proposed above, so why it doesn't default to the top option to begin with, boggles my mind...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 15:13

Here's another one, considering the fact that loading time can be quite long both for getting into the main menu and for loading a game.

When a player dies, don't automatically load the main menu, but instead give the player a choice between loading the main menu or directly loading a save file.
It halves the loading time.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 15:25

@ Ezarkal: I agree about that for normal play but I'm not sure that would fit in well with DiD play. Maybe Ego just want us to suffer some actual 'inconvenience' from getting ourselves killed. :D

I also agree with the other two suggestions above.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 18. Aug 17, 15:48

Alan Phipps wrote:Maybe Ego just want us to suffer some actual 'inconvenience' from getting ourselves killed. :D
LOL! That makes me think of the transition from Diablo II and earlier, where dying incurred an XP and gold loss, as well as dropping of equipped items that then needed to be recovered from the hot-zone where the player died, and more recent ARPGs that did away with such death penalties. (Yes, games ARE getting easier and easier. :P )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”