(X3LU) Can't sell weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Retchbeard
x3ap

(X3LU) Can't sell weapons

Post by Retchbeard » Sat, 26. Aug 17, 22:36

Hi! I did a stupid. I bought a Gamma Ray Cannon in Blue Profit, thinking I could sell it since it was below average price. However, I can't figure out how to get rid of it, despite reading that I could sell just about any ship equipment to an EQ dock. What do I do? This thing is currently taking up half my capital. :(

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 04:56

In TC we'd sell Nividium and other things by loading them on cheap TS. Just load your weapon on anything you sell at a SY. If you don't have anything ATM, you just lose a little buying a TS and selling it back.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 12:38

Or you can go to an equipment dock that doesn't have that weapon in stock by default.
Then you can sell that weapon endlessly (2 by 2 for the big guns).

An equipment dock with the weapon listed in it's trade menu will only buy up to the maximum (2 for big guns).
An equipment dock that doesn't have that weapon listed will enable you to sell it, and after a few seconds, the menu updates and your weapon is gone from the list and you can sell another batch.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Aug 17, 13:10

... or you can note that the OP is playing a total mod and that things may not be as in vanilla. Hopefully the ideas here will solve the issue anyway and that saves this thread being merged with LU.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”