Very fast input malfunction

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Xe-131
x4

Very fast input malfunction

Post by Xe-131 » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 21:20

Hi,

I've found my laptop too weak to run the X-Rebalance Mod (XRM) properly, even though it handles Litcube's Universe (XLU) fine. I've transferred both to my desktop and find that the keyboard inputs go crazy.
  • Whenever I open the menu, the selected option scrolls upwards uncontrollably

Pressing things such as J for SETA inputs the command a thousand times and usually doesn't end up activating

Quite often my ship jerks upwards after trying to use the menu
I've tried both XRM and XLU with three different keyboards and all produce the same result. The Desktop is old but much more powerful than my laptop and still runs windows 7. What could be going wrong and how would I fix it?

Thanks

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 23:01

Do you have any other input devices plugged into your computer? It sounds like some other device is interfering. If you do have other devices plugged in, try removing them one by one until the issue goes away.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 23:39

Also see this FAQ.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”