[MOD] Skunk Navigation Lights and more

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rubini
xr

[MOD] Skunk Navigation Lights and more

Post by Rubini » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 20:12

Hi guys!

After some time absent from XR, i´m here with a small new mod that adds Navigation Lights to the Skunk hull. Also some few lights for the cargo bay and for the landing gears (these ones more visible when on platforms).

I think that devs forgot to add nav lights to skunk. When it is on the shadows it is just like a plain black piece of coal...well no more :D .

The mod comes in two versions. Version 1 is a bit more discrete and version 2 have more lights and a bit more colors. Don´t use the two versions at same time. As usual add the desired version files to the extensions folder and its done.

Note that the lights dont blink. To do this is needed to put some work on the meshes itself (i guess) and i dont have the necessary time. But its much better than before anyway.

XR 4.10 compatible.
(probably works with any XR version, compatible also with Pimp my Skunk mod)

Ahoy!

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/612rbm0ry7al6 ... v2.7z?dl=0

Vanilla
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CUoVTVYeatIgb7Wc2

Modded
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FcMkcD5XeEyOROpZ2
Last edited by Rubini on Fri, 8. Sep 17, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 08:22

Sweet, those lights look great, thanks! Thought skunk is pretty ugly even with the lights :wink: I looked at it from the outside only a few times during 2 playthroughs, guess devs also did not look at it much and so forgot to turn the lights on :idea:
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

quarren
x4

Post by quarren » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 18:32

Strangely enough, this mod doesn't work for me. The glowy parts don't show up. The debuglog doesn't throw any errors regarding it though? :?

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 03:47

quarren wrote:Strangely enough, this mod doesn't work for me. The glowy parts don't show up. The debuglog doesn't throw any errors regarding it though? :?
Are you sure that you put the files in the correct folder and with correct sub folders order?

quarren
x4

Post by quarren » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 10:46

Rubini wrote:Are you sure that you put the files in the correct folder and with correct sub folders order?
Whoops, thanks for the heads up. I copied the "Skunk_NavLights_v2" folder to the "extensions" directory without noticing that it had another "Skunk_NavLights" folder inside it. It works now and looks great. :)

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 15:15

quarren wrote:
Rubini wrote:Are you sure that you put the files in the correct folder and with correct sub folders order?
Whoops, thanks for the heads up. I copied the "Skunk_NavLights_v2" folder to the "extensions" directory without noticing that it had another "Skunk_NavLights" folder inside it. It works now and looks great. :)
Good! What do you prefer: version 1 or version 2?

quarren
x4

Post by quarren » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 14:39

Haven't tested v1 yet - I'll try it out as soon as possible!

EDIT: I think I do prefer v2, as the stronger glow fits the aesthetic of the skunk quite well. I am additionally using an edited version of pimp my skunk (basically just with the skunk decal removed) though, so that might play into it. Great mod!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”