Are you going to pre-order?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Are you going to pre-order X4: Foundations?

Yes
43%
No
38%
I'm not sure yet
20%

Total votes: 452

ero_sk
x4

Are you going to pre-order?

Post by ero_sk » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:11

I selected "No". While I wish all the best to Egosoft and hope that X4 will make a great success I still keep in mind what they did with XR therefore I'm much more cautious this time. Even if they reveal more promising information over time I will still prefer to wait until the release and see opinions of other players as well as the reviews.

The only case when I would pre-order is if Egosoft provides the game to some youtubers so we will be able to see the gameplay in advance and that I'll be 100% satisfied with what I see.

Ricemanu
x4

Post by Ricemanu » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:15

Where is the "**** yes"-option? :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:16

" ... and that I'll be 100% satisfied with what I see."

Does that ever happen? :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ero_sk
x4

Post by ero_sk » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:20

Alan Phipps wrote:" ... and that I'll be 100% satisfied with what I see."

Does that ever happen? :D
Well true, it doesn't. But you know what I meant :)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:23

No (thanks to XR).... I would wait couple days/weeks to see what is status of game. On the other hand if it was early access (where I can expect broken game) or if they stream gameplay multiple times to show that game is working than I would say yes.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 21:42

No. Mainly as I don't per order games because what if I did and its buggy or not turn out like I hoped. Plus my PC is down as needs repairs and dunno when I'll ever get around to it.

If a game is truely worth it, then what's the harm in waiting to see how its received at launch by a reviewer that u trust, or by how feedback is left on the forums etc. But that's me.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:10

Nope. Not going to buy Rebirth 2 in disguise.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:33

No. I've had a strict rule against pre-ordering games since Rebirth launched, in fact, because that showed me that no matter how much I trusted a developer and how much I'd liked their previous games, they could still mess things up. I won't be buying this until I've read reviews, watched a couple of gameplay videos on Youtube, and seen the general reception on the forums.

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:34

pre-orders are bad m'kay.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:36

If I can find a physical pre-order at half price like I did with X:R then sure, else... No point in pre-orders.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:39

No, but that's because I don't preorder games, I think it's a dumb practice and don't know why anyone does it (anymore... there used to be a reason when games were only sold physically).

That said, there is a good chance I'll be a day-one purchaser!

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 22:52

Also, if they do decide to release in "early access", I'll probably get it. I'm pretty cautious about games in EA, but have had success with the (few) games I've purchased that way.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 23:06

No, i bought the collectors edition of XR for 70 euro,Very bad sting :evil:
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 23:11

I'll pre-order

The state of Rebirth on release almost made me weep.

But it got better and eventually I got 1300+ hours of play out of it.

So a bargain really.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Commander SAMU
x4

Post by Commander SAMU » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 23:34

Even if X Rebirth was definitely not the best at release I will give X4 a second chance and I will preorder it if there will be such an option!

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 23:41

On principle I never pre-order any games. I think it's a terrible idea on all fronts and sends all the wrong incentives to the publisher and developer.

But I voted yes. Egosoft is the exception to the rule.

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 00:14

For what I read now, I think that I'll give them a chance. But I don't know yet if I'll preorder. However, we are 3 to play X games here. I won't buy 3 licences at start: one first, test it, and I we are pleased, a second one. (and if it's LAN coop, buy 3 others... my bank account can be quiet, this will not happen).

We bought 2 licences of XR and played just enough to understand that this game was not for us. I don't want to waste my money too much that time.

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 01:23

I'll throw my money at the screen the instant I see there's somewhere for the money to go, almost drooled a little watching the first video.

Then I'll do my utmost to not touch the game until it looks like any serious hiccups have been dealt with and I can get off to a great start. Probably gonna cave after 20 to maybe 25 minutes and play anyway.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 01:50

I won't be pre-odering, I never do - in fact, I will be scrutinising the game on release very closely before I even buy it, this time. This has long been my policy for almost all developers/publishers, with a shrinking list of exceptions that sadly EgoSoft have been struck from as of Rebirth. However, I am hopeful (optimistic, even, despite that being an irrational state of mind :P ) due to what little I've read so far (but decades as a gaming journalist and a gamer in general have taught me to beware marketing hype and promises.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Beermachine
x4

Post by Beermachine » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 02:14

Not a chance.

Can easily count on one hand the number of developers whom I trust enough to reliably produce good games I enjoy, and so risk pre-ordering, and that number is shrinking fast.

Egosoft used to be one. Despite the numerous bugs of their new releases, I could count on the gameplay being generally excellent and providing a longevity of enjoyment which very few other games touched (comprehensive mods helped a lot with that).

Given the marketing and change of direction with Rebirth, Egosoft will have to prove themselves to be a company that still makes space games of the complexity and gameplay that I so enjoyed in their past offerings.

Will be keeping a close eye on the forums post release and old posters who loved X3TC/AP and didn't like the direction Egosoft took with XR. Hopefully it will mean a quick buy, otherwise c'est la vie.
Last edited by Beermachine on Fri, 8. Sep 17, 03:08, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations”