General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS: X Rebirth update 4.21 coming soon

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 15:48

EGOSOFT has put X Rebirth 4.21 in open beta today (full details here) and will release a major update to X Rebirth VR edition after the weekend. We are sorry about delaying the X Rebirth VR Edition update, but there were some unforeseen complications with a Vulkan update and the new Oculus environment. Our update for X Rebirth VR Edition will have to be released together with the Oculus Update 1.18. Stay tuned!

Release notes for XR 4.21 Beta 1

• New Feature: All-new quick menu.
• New Feature: Target locking when using gamepad.
• Added zoom buttons to map.
• Added back button to Start/Options menu and Encyclopedia to allow use with mouse only.
• Added tabs to quickly switch between Property Owned, Inventory and Weapon Mods menus.
• Added shortcut to correct inventory trader in the Remote Comm menu from the Inventory menu.
• Added flight-assist note when flight assist is disabled.
• Added pause message when options menu is displayed.
• Added chance to acquire trade agents for defeating hostile ships close to a station.
• Added option to use the entire range of a slider for forward speed.
• Improved AI fight/flee behaviour (again!).
• Improved price calculation logic for stations with multiple production modules.
• Improved targeting behaviour especially when using gamepad.
• Improved organisation and labelling of controls in control configuration menu.
• Improved mission bar design for better readability.
• Improved visual appearance of ability menu.
• Improved mouse clicking in the ability menu so that hovering the cursor over the hotkey buttons correctly selects the button
• Improved mission target behaviour by reducing ping-effect in scenarios where there are more than 8 mission targets.
• Improved cases where turning the ship switched displayed target elements a lot.
• Improved tutorial missions and fixed several issues with them.
• Improved highway flight by allowing roll axis to steer left/right instead of doing nothing.
• Improved replacement of architects.
• Improved mission enemy balancing.
• Improved game over animation.
• Changed maximum distance of location-based icons to reduce icon clutter on station approach.
• Fixed fighters dismissing valid targets if they are far from their commander.
• Fixed Xenon not spawning in Albion on higher difficulty levels.
• Fixed ships warping between unconnected highways.
• Fixed Plasma Cannon Mk3 not having area damage.
• Fixed NPCs on platforms engaging in smalltalk even if no smalltalk dialog option available.
• Fixed Assign Trading Ship upkeep mission for warehouses being impossible to accomplish..
• Fixed several other smaller mission issues.
• Fixed drone dealer hint text.
• Fixed successful player kill being registered if they destroyed a crate they were supposed to collect.
• Fixed event monitor opening and closing directly when switching to external view under certain circumstances.
• Fixed very rare case of broken event monitor.
• Fixed very rare cases of incorrect colors being displayed in the UI.
• Fixed rare cases of interact button (A on gamepad) stopping working.
• Fixed full stop action not aborting boost while throttle is at 0, e.g. with gamepad.
• Fixed first person rotation being much too slow in certain cases.
• Fixed very rare case resulting in an event monitor being displayed in 1st-person or inside the drone HUD when it shouldn't.
• Fixed target elements being stuck in-place with the opening interact menu.
• Fixed saving game in a damage area being a death sentence.
• Fixed reward notifications spamming with very short delay,
• Fixed cases where target elements were missing on ships.
• Fixed rare cases where the target elements or interact menu would be displayed behind the crosshair.
• Fixed rare cases of hull/shield bars being displayed for obstructed targets without a target element.
• Fixed cases where target elements appeared to flicker wildly.
• Fixed case of crosshair arrows pointing to incorrect position.
• Fixed case in which the selected menu line was not scrolled into view when pressing Up key.
• Fixed cases of Enter key having no effect.
• Fixed case of game being stuck on pause when UI is reloaded while game is paused.
• Fixed cases where the game paused text vanishes even though the game is still paused.
• Fixed cases where game unpauses automatically, e.g. Alt-Tabbing out and back.
• Fixed issue with using non-bidirectional throttle together with gamepad mode.
• Fixed missing particle effects when loading a savegame.
• Fixed missing ship trails in highways.
• Fixed disappearing engine trails for ships entering and leaving gates and highways.
• Fixed missing normal map on floor in the Teladi gamestart station.
• Fixed causes of several rare crashes.
• Various small performance improvements.
Last edited by CBJ on Sat, 9. Sep 17, 11:27, edited 2 times in total.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Fri, 8. Sep 17, 17:27

Thank you!

quarren
x4

Post by quarren » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 12:16

The new quick menu is really cool! Nice to see that the UI is still being upgraded. :)

Unsure about the change to the info point visibility. On one hand, I like that the screen isn't so cluttered anymore. On the other hand, it kind of breaks Butter Ranges (the mod). Meh, I'd say I can live with it.

ZionTech

Post by ZionTech » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 14:25

:) :) Yeah looking forward to it :D :D
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your Eyes Turned Skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 22:35

Awesome, really like the gamepad target locking feature

superdave001
x4

Post by superdave001 » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 16:53

Ok so one quick question... I have the steam version of rebirth, and I don't know how to access the open beta. I tried accessing it through steam and the only beta it lists is legacy 2.51 (I really don't want to regress lol). is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: I answered my own question, theres a tutorial in i click the HERE part of the more info here post at the top of this thread... i thought that would bring me to the same news release as the facebook link did, but this is where i got the info i needed sorry for the time wasted, i hope though that this helps someone else!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 10:58

Details of how to access Public Beta versions are in the Patch Public Beta forum.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 06:26

Didn't read it all, I noticed in a utube vid some cap ships firing and there's no SFX for them when firing. Has that been fixed?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 15. Sep 17, 09:43

Note: If a problem is not listed as fixed above then it is probably not being addressed in this patch, but may be planned for a future one.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

braman
x4

Post by braman » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 00:43

Nice am waiting for it long time

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 20. Sep 17, 15:29

CBJ wrote:• Added chance to acquire trade agents for defeating hostile ships close to a station.
This feature is really great !! :o :o

Thanks guys! 8)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 04:07

"Improved AI fight/flee behavior"

Is drostan, Balor, Sucellus AI fixed in this version?

Are fighters more useful at dodging incoming fire and using missiles from max range at capital ship elements?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 08:11

Warnoise wrote:"Improved AI fight/flee behavior"

Is drostan, Balor, Sucellus AI fixed in this version?

Are fighters more useful at dodging incoming fire and using missiles from max range at capital ship elements?
The Flee mechanic was fixed and feedback is requested on the behaviour here.

For the other questions you'll need to be more specific about which game version behaviour you're familiar with and using as a benchmark. Balor and Sucellus ships gained unique behaviour in the past, fighters have had several changes.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Wed, 18. Oct 17, 08:14

This refers to how ship captains and pilots decide to fight or flee when attacked.

Feedback welcome, but not in this thread please. There's a feedback request thread on this feature in the Patch Public Beta subforum.
Warnoise wrote:Is drostan, Balor, Sucellus AI fixed in this version?
using missiles from max range at capital ship elements?
Improvements in this regard were implemented in an earlier update. 4.10, unless i'm mistaken. No improvements particular to the Drostan, however.
Warnoise wrote:Are fighters more useful at dodging incoming fire
Fighters don't dodge individual bullets or missiles, but they do evasive maneuvers in general when in combat. That hasn't changed in a while, though.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 06:47

j.harshaw wrote:
This refers to how ship captains and pilots decide to fight or flee when attacked.

Feedback welcome, but not in this thread please. There's a feedback request thread on this feature in the Patch Public Beta subforum.
Warnoise wrote:Is drostan, Balor, Sucellus AI fixed in this version?
using missiles from max range at capital ship elements?
Improvements in this regard were implemented in an earlier update. 4.10, unless i'm mistaken. No improvements particular to the Drostan, however.
Warnoise wrote:Are fighters more useful at dodging incoming fire
Fighters don't dodge individual bullets or missiles, but they do evasive maneuvers in general when in combat. That hasn't changed in a while, though.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry, i didn't mean to sound like i was criticizing I was simply trying to understand what kind of improvements the AI got in this patch.

KZavi
x4

Post by KZavi » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 14:07

Hello,

Is there any ETA of this patch going live? Beta seems pretty stable as of now.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 24. Oct 17, 14:26

Not quite yet. We have a new Beta coming up very soon.

Edit: The new Beta is now available. :)

Quando
x3tc

Post by Quando » Thu, 26. Oct 17, 04:43

I saw there are new control options. "Reverse Throttle" does not seem to work.

It should invert my speed slowly, from blue bar to red (backwards). Or not? I use a X56 HOTAS. I'm new to Rebirth and I almost set up my controls but this one confuses me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Oct 17, 18:43

@ Quando: As far as I can see, the only throttle change in the beta is:

Fixed issue with using non-bidirectional throttle together with gamepad mode.

I think the 'reverse throttle' you are looking at means 'invert throttle axis' - ie reverse (invert) the directions that you move the throttle in to get the wanted effect (a bit like inverting mouse pitch control). Perhaps it only works for either bidirectional or non-bidirectional throttles, but I'm not sure on that bit.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Mon, 6. Nov 17, 05:30

CBJ wrote:Not quite yet. We have a new Beta coming up very soon.

Edit: The new Beta is now available. :)
Does this new beta fix the targeting issues? Not being able to LOCK on to a target is wrecking the game for me. Having it auto change targets when ever it wants to even though I told the darn thing to target a specific ship or object is beyond frustrating (especially in dogfights).

What is the point of having a keybind/Joystick button for the command "Target Object" when the GAME Changes your LOCKED TARGET on its own or simply deselects what you have targeted (so nothing is targeted).....

Please FIX this major flaw.

PS: I hope that you do NOT use this targeting setup in X4: Foundations because that would be a Major Mistake.
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”