Supplying the Terran Aldrin Experimental EMPC Forge M

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrKincaid
x3ap

Supplying the Terran Aldrin Experimental EMPC Forge M

Post by MrKincaid » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 16:34

Hey, I recently bought the Springblossom and put some XEMPC in it. I may need more if these lasers later and also I need to improve my rank with the Terran to buy PSSC. So I thought I build a complex that supplies the Terran EMPC Forge M in Aldrin 2 with the needed products and set up a CLS that buys the XEMPC when they are produced.

The problem is: I can't find numbers about the usage of primary ressources of this station. I found this, but it says the station uses Terran MRE as food. But thats the food the normal EMPC forges use. This forge needs cloth rimes, meatsteak cahoonas and massom powder. Is there any information about the consumption per hour for these ressources or do I just have to try?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Aldrin traders

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 17:19

MrKincaid, since you're already in Aldrin you've got a few good things you can do. Buy another SB or two and outfit them as Sector Traders in Aldrin. Every trade they make improves your Terran rep and their Trader Rank. They're the perfect trader for the Terran sectors after they get to Rank 10 also. I keep two traders active in Aldrin until I have enough traders to cover the Terran sectors.

Another choice is cloning and using the right Unknown base and either Aldrin SY. You can start with one EEMPC and create as many as you need.

Does your favorite calculator have those settings and numbers?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

MrKincaid
x3ap

Post by MrKincaid » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 18:13

My sector trader is already doing his job around aldrin 2, but I think supplying the factory directly will be more beneficial. I also stationed a cheap ship at the key factories to prevent them from despawning.

I want to avoid cloning unless it is necessary, e.g. all fectories despawned. Cloning is an exploit (btw why did they never fix this?) and I want to play without cheating.

Not sure what you mean with your last sentence. What calculator? The complex calculator? Mine doesn't have the XEMPC factory since you can't buy it. It only has the EMPC factory which uses Terran MRE.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 9. Sep 17, 22:46

Which complex calculator are you using? (I prefer Xadrian, since you can use it offline, but I can't check it right now.)

As long as you can manage a source for these feedstocks, either through traders going out-of-sector to acquire them, or through complexes your build or those that are already there, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Once you have a full compliment of armament, you should be fine and having your CLS buy up what stocks there are should prepare you to arm another ship, if necessary.

IMO, of more importance are the regular Terran sectors. If you have enough traders in Adrin sectors, they'll get what they need eventually. Those resources are available elsewhere. But, in Terran sectors, they can only use Terran feedstocks. Focus a good bit of effort, there, especially on water and traders centered around ice mines and supply stations, and that will help to jumpstart that economy. (If you're concerned about it, that is, and want access to Terrain weaponry.)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 11:09

Each ware has a "relvalue". Number of ware in production cycle, the length of the cycle and the (base aka average) price of ware are determined by the relvalue.

Each ware has two relvalues. One for NPC and the other for player. Price is determined by the NPC relvalue, but production time can be different for NPC and player factory.

The Complex calculators do use the player relvalues (for obvious reasons). Therefore, they don't have to match NPC Station stats.

That said, years ago (for X3R) the player and NPC relvalues of primary resource wares (ECells, Bio, Food) were identical. Player factory consumption should be good enough estimate. Venture into S&M, if you want to verify this.

Conclusion:
Every (primary consumer) Factory, NPC and Player, does consume Cahoonas at the same rate: 600/hour.
ECells: 900/hour
Masson: 1200/hour
Rimes: 150/hour
(That is for Scale S. If the Forge has Scale M, then double those values.)

Player Bakery M, Masson Mill M and R.Fact M do produce 2*600, 2*1200 and 2*150 per hour, respectively.

However, a Factory does use only one ware of type Food per cycle. It should be enough to supply just one of the three.

Disclaimer:
Terrans are evil aliens. There is no guarantee that they will respect any well-established rules or standards.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”