[FIXED] Sidebar Main Menu enlarges then disappears

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Tue, 12. Sep 17, 22:11

I also changed my super sampling from 2 to 0 and the menu stayed changed back to 2 and the menu disappeared.

I know this I can not play this game at 0.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 10:20

Alright I tried the supersampling thing.

1.0 Supersampling (none)
18 times before it stops working. It gradually gets larger and larger and just stops opening

2.0 Supersampling
Stops working on the 3rd try with 2.0 supersampling. The menu gets significantly larger with each time it's opened.

Vive through SteamVR
Xbone One Controller
1080ti

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 15:11

Reprisal wrote:Alright I tried the supersampling thing.

1.0 Supersampling (none)
18 times before it stops working. It gradually gets larger and larger and just stops opening

2.0 Supersampling
Stops working on the 3rd try with 2.0 supersampling. The menu gets significantly larger with each time it's opened.

Vive through SteamVR
Xbone One Controller
1080ti
Yep, same here. SS in SteamVR seems to effect how big the jumps are before menu stops opening. The bigger the SS , the bigger the jumps. Value of 1.0 just takes longer but the menu eventually stops opening. Its as if the menu position gets closer and closer to you until it ends up beyond your front view and therefore no longer opens.

I'm using the Vive btw.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 03:53

Same problem on my vive and 980TI and last drivers

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 16:18

Thanks for the reports. Fix passed to QA. If all goes well, should be in the next update.

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 19:57

j.harshaw wrote:Thanks for the reports. Fix passed to QA. If all goes well, should be in the next update.
j.harshaw thanks for the update on this!

When should we except the update to happen? Since right now I have not played the game since the 11th and cannot play the game till its fixed. I use the quick menu but things on the sidebar menu I also need to play the game.

Thanks

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 22:31

Nu8z wrote:When should we except the update to happen?
i don't know, unfortunately. We have some high priority stuff on the pipeline, so i expect whenever that's done and tested.

i do know that this particular bug manifests itself if you have a resolution at or above 1600 in any dimension. So a workaround in the meantime would be to lower your resolution and turn off supersampling if you have it active. No guarantees that that'll work 100%, though.

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 00:17

j.harshaw wrote:
Nu8z wrote:When should we except the update to happen?
i don't know, unfortunately. We have some high priority stuff on the pipeline, so i expect whenever that's done and tested.

i do know that this particular bug manifests itself if you have a resolution at or above 1600 in any dimension. So a workaround in the meantime would be to lower your resolution and turn off supersampling if you have it active. No guarantees that that'll work 100%, though.
Can we backout the current upgrade in order to fix the current issue we are having?

I can speak about anyone else but I cannot and will not play a game that I have to lower the quality of my system in order to play the game. The reason why I bought the game because it is VR and I like the concept and quality of the game. If someone can tell me on how I can get the same menu option as I get in the sidebar please let me know if not I cannot play the game.

j.harshaw please do not take what I have wrote as disrespectful because its not its more frustration that I purchased a product and the product has changed to where I am unable to use and enjoy it. I appreciate you replying to us all here and letting us know whats going on.

Thanks

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 00:38

Nu8z wrote:j.harshaw please do not take what I have wrote as disrespectful because its not its more frustration that I purchased a product and the product has changed to where I am unable to use and enjoy it. I appreciate you replying to us all here and letting us know whats going on.
It's Early Access, the bug is frustrating but the game hasn't actually been released yet. These sort of issues are expected.

VR really is quite ugly at 1.0 supersampling, but that's what I've been playing it at since the upgrade. I get around 18 uses of the menu and then have to reload, it's not that bad.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 06:44

Early Access is what it says ... An early release of a game for bug testing not an advance copy of a fully formed product. So far I have not experienced the expanding menu (opened far more than 18 times in one game session) and have experienced the multi coloured stations twice,, each time when I died and was suspended in space and could see the station in the distance.
I do have other issues which I report, if these are not duplicated by others then I know I have caused the issue....
It must be very frustrating trying to solve problems that are not universal and not helped by users not accepting what "early access " is.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 07:41

What is "higher priority stuff in the pipeline"? Is it XRVR related?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 10:09

There are a number of issues we are looking into regarding XRVR and yes, these are things we are hoping to have in the next update. Rolling back to the previous version is not an option for various reasons.

I understand that it's frustraiting to have an issue introduced in a new version and it's something we of course want to avoid.

Let's not have this thread turn into a big discussion on what Early Access means. That discussion can happen elsewhere. This thread is to help us keep track of this issue and keep you up to date on developments.

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 13:17

Well to make it simple for people, 0.9SS will bring your resolution below the 1600 threshold, so the menu works perfectly.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 20:08

Please try again with the latest hotfix and let us know whether this problem is solved. :)

Nu8z

Post by Nu8z » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 00:38

CBJ wrote:Please try again with the latest hotfix and let us know whether this problem is solved. :)
Sidebar Menu is now stable and not moving forward.

Looks great!!

Thanks Egosoft Crew for a quick response and turn around on this!

Wish I could buy you guys a round at the pub.

Thanks

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”