[X3AP] Miscalculations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

[X3AP] Miscalculations

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Sep 17, 21:36

Finally chose to go there. To see how the test subject fares. Tried to be ignorant on first try. Lesson: slow ships are quickly dead ships.

Second attempt broke the plot. I did start repairs instantly, before any Xenon did show up. As result, mission had two simultaneous goals: Repair and Scan, with focus on the former.
Apparently the Repair task completes when hull improves to above 30%. If the hull is already above 30% before the task starts, then it never completes.
:headbang:

Third attempt tried to exploit the hearsay about what triggers the waves of Xenon. Almost did it. Still, death by Corvettes.

There was a miscalculation: I thought that Hammers are Hammerheads and left a click of safety between them. :oops:

The last test drive had many things going for it:
  • Repairing well above 30% before the action and good further repair opportunities.
  • Fighter Drones. Had some 20 with me for the initial contact.
  • Tempests. When there is no time to target, just spam.
  • I had Mosquitos too but not many were consumed, this time.
  • Afterburners. That was a bit tricky.
    1. A ship that has no installed weapons has no weapon energy for the burners to consume.
    2. A ship that has no shield has no shield energy for the burners to consume.
    3. A ship that has no ECells or Spaceflies (had to make room for things to collect) ...
    4. My game tends to CTD if I flip the AB in a furball ... but did not, this time.

CPU hacking had plenty of variation. Is there a sector with equal signs on its name?

Those, who play DiD ... must be both brave and wise. :thumb_up:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 14:11

Ah, the fun Xenon graveyard. I wish there was more such content (not TOO much, of course, or then it would be cheapened) - for me, it's these bits that make the endgame fun (plots and missions involving the use of fleets would be another...)

I, too, repair considerably above the "official" repair point - I usually take it to around 80% and rely on the hull platings to take me the rest of the way.

Yes, a few fighter drones for the start are definitely a good idea, and those Tempests you mention became among my favourite missiles relatively recently (about a year and a half ago, I think)
Turbo booster - must-have for this mission, in my opinion! Looooots of kiting done there by yours truly.

Equals signs in a sector name - can't think of one, so I guess you got something like a substitution cypher there, maybe...

Anyhow, sounds like you're having fun :)
Happy (continued) hunting!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”