Story/Lore thoughts and predictions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 17:41

There was some Lore publicated to fill the gap between X3:AP and XR story.

If you look carefully on both stream videos you will notice hints, that they are making X4 along that story:

The dominant force will be "The Alliance" (Argon Federation, Paranid Empire) which reestablished contact after gates system collapse - the alliance is mentioned in Station Billboard, Posters of the first stream.

In the lore there is mentioned that shortly before the gate collapse there were rebel movement in Commonwealth space called Hatickwas' Legue while was battling with Argon Federation.
In second video stream (presenting map combat) you notice that enemy are argon ships with HAT tag. Therefore I assume some systems are/were former Hatickwas Legue territory and there are still resisting (or maybe some kind of rebels).

This somehow give me Firefly vibes where the Alliance was power hungry, authoritarian goverment that "enfore democracy", while rebels were the people who didn't want to be opressed by the goverment.

-Dna-
x4

Post by -Dna- » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 19:08

mr.WHO wrote:The dominant force will be "The Alliance" (Argon Federation, Paranid Empire) which reestablished contact after gates system collapse - the alliance is mentioned in Station Billboard, Posters of the first stream.
Small notes: the complete name is Alliance of Worlds.
mr.WHO wrote:In the lore there is mentioned that shortly before the gate collapse there were rebel movement in Commonwealth space called Hatickwas' Legue while was battling with Argon Federation.
In second video stream (presenting map combat) you notice that enemy are argon ships with HAT tag. Therefore I assume some systems are/were former Hatickwas Legue territory and there are still resisting (or maybe some kind of rebels).
The X-Encyclopedia states that Hatikvah Free League is neutral and has 10 planets (versus the 28 of the Argon Federation). In games, both factions are under the Argon Federation flag.

I don't remember their hostilities against the Argon Federation. Where is that mentioned? :gruebel:
Remember: Good things don't come to an end: good things just stop. ~ [cit. Sean "Day[9]" Plott]

:xenon: Xenon Love! \#/ :xenon:
:split: Grill the Borons! :split:
:pirat: Real pirates (ab)use Jumpdrive (and Rum) :pirat:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 20:07

This post has some further information on the lore of the Alliance of Worlds.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 15:08

I'm pretty sure the story is going to revolve around some chick sneaking on board your ship, and then the whole galaxy goes hostile against you and you have to warp to another universe and join the refuges who end up taking on your enemy for you and all you gotta do is hack a station and the game is finished. tada.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 17:50

I would be glad if the player would meet a Sohnen and discuss reunion of lost colonies with him.

Dear developer team, if you made the universe more unpredictable, what about making the main storyline more branched, with multiple more or less good endings?

For example, if a quest-related object is destroyed in existing X-games, the plot is failed.
As for X4, what if it would not break the plot but would instead start a new branch of the plot with a more dark ending?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 05:44

DaMuncha wrote:I'm pretty sure the story is going to revolve around some chick sneaking on board your ship, and then the whole galaxy goes hostile against you and you have to warp to another universe and join the refuges who end up taking on your enemy for you and all you gotta do is hack a station and the game is finished. tada.
Hi,

that sounds eerily familiar :-)

cu
Rainer

Return to “X4: Foundations”