No useless ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Useless NPC ships?

Keep them to make universe seem more busy
75%
Leave them out of the game
25%

Total votes: 153

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 16. Nov 17, 21:05

I'm quite surprised with the results of the poll.

But one has to make distinctions:

* Useless ship is that one which is added to highway for the purpose of make it look busy, but the ship does not even exist.

* Useless could also be those lots of small ships that go from one station to another but it's just plain fake, because they do nothing.

In previous iterations of X games, we had civil ships that flown around and served really no purpose but to be pirate cannon fodder, I'm kind of ok with those. Civilians exist and serve no purpose to you most times, but they kind of have a purpose, represent that there are civilians.

But a universe filled with purposless ships for supposedly interesting eye candy? Rather not.

Comparing fake traffic/ships with planets, stars is not fair, and proves the point of the op.

schedarx
x3ap

Post by schedarx » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:39

I expect that all flying ships will have some function whether it's trade, patrol or exploration.

Terran Jupiter
xr

Post by Terran Jupiter » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 17:29

Depends if you are talking about the NPC ships that just come out of 1 part of the station only to re enter it some place else but other npc trade ships and so on yes keep them but lose the civilian ships maybe or at least that's what I call them.

jpm1

Post by jpm1 » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 18:21

so in future tourism is prohibited :D. i'm against that suggestion. plus, it would need a very powerful proc, that not everybody can afford

Return to “X4: Foundations”