Weird error message in XR Vanilla XR log

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Weird error message in XR Vanilla XR log

Post by Browser_ice » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 16:01

My installation is the vanilla XR. I am currently setting up a warehouse with all kinds of mining ships to watch some mining bugs. I am not done setting it up. I have no extension folders at all except the 2 DLC.

I decided to look at the log and saw this weird error message:

[=ERROR=] 10043.74 c:\dev\x4_hotfix\X4\ui\xanark\anarkviewbridge.cpp(168): Too many UIObject updates in the current frame. We already scheduled 120 updates. The update calls will be skipped in order to prevent potential crashes. Either locate the underlying issue causing so many updates, or increase the limit to be able to schedule more updates per frame.
(version: 4.10 - Code revision: 232953)

Any clues as to what this is ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 23:36

my guess is that the Menu you have open has too many possible changes happen simultaneously, most likely the map menu in a very active zone. what were you doing when these messages were logged? also how many of them appeared? (if its one or two every few minutes its absolutely harmless, because some changes in the menu are delayed, if the log is spammed with it there is a possible problem)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 30. Sep 17, 23:51

If you know the steps you took to get this error, please let us know. There is a 4.21 version in beta testing where this perhaps has been fixed, but I'm not sure.

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 16:28

Unfortunetly I do not remember how I got this. I was checking out a few things at that time. If I find it back, I will report back here.

In general, I was checking a situation that I am trying to reproduce: mining issues with ships assigned to a warehouse.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 02:44

Do any of the issues reported here relate to the topic of this thread?

Browser_ice
x4

Post by Browser_ice » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 15:54

No or should not. These above are just things I noticed while going through the aiscripts to modify the logging informations.
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”