Suggestion: how to get an NPC as trader informer for its station

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Browser_ice
x4

Suggestion: how to get an NPC as trader informer for its station

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 16:37

While playing around with the vanilla version, trying to get some trader informers in a sector, I was getting tired of this chit chat game and put myself in the shoes of the NPC.

If I was an NPC and someone would ask me for constant updated trade infos, I would not want to do it for free. I would be interested in a % of the transactions done for my services.

That made me think of 2 different scenarios:
1) You randomly choose an NPC in the station, either face to face or via radio and ask him if he wants to be your trader informer. He would then give you his fees for doing so. You would either accept or refuse. If you refuse, you can ask another NPC. All this without any small games, just through normal conversation. Payments per transactions would have to be sent to that NPC.

2) You find one specific NPC on each station that would be called something like a trade informer or similar. Then do the conversion from scenario 1)

3) You get in contact with the manager of the station and do the conversation from scenario 1). He is the manager of the station, so it would be natural that all trading infos go through him and therefore, making him an ideal candidate for giving this info. The actual payments per transactions could be transfered to the account the manager uses to manage the station. All those payments could have a seperate statistic graph to give you an overall view of how much you are contributing to this station. The more fees coming in, the more your influence grows and that could be applied additionnaly to your reputation (the bigger the %, the better increase).

Its just a though.
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”