X4 - question on autotrading

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 05:56

I am not talking about station automation system (In X3 Reunion you don't need mk3 when you assign ship to a station anyway, if I remember well).

Using NPC or software or whatever doesn't matter.
What i was saying is for the ships you DON'T want to assign to a station but doing general trades (find best deals - go for them - buy and sell - all of this automatically).

In Rebirth there is no option for it. You have to send them by yourself, and it is really annoying when it come to have more than 8 ships involved.
Asking to the captain/pilot of the ship or asking to a software is REALLY NOT the problem :D .
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Oct 17, 11:19

So basically types of default command status or stances. Examples:

For tradeships: 'If I don't tell you otherwise Captain, just carry on making us some credits.'

For warships: 'If I don't tell you otherwise Captain, just do the best you can to safeguard our assets and traderoutes from raider attacks.'

The only inconvenience or problems that I see with those is that you won't necessarily know where your ships are nor what they are committed to complete (until you look) when you need them in a hurry, and that your warships might bite off more than they can chew or chase after ships that they just cannot catch.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

schedarx
x3ap

Post by schedarx » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:51

Configurable/customizable autotrader is a must.

Return to “X4: Foundations”