X3AP Universe traders

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hartza76
x4

X3AP Universe traders

Post by hartza76 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 17:59

Hi,
Just quick question is it normal that universe traders packs like 2k mosquito missles?
Or is it bug in script that it bought and just didnt sold the bought amount and continued to buy other stuff to trade.
I have 5 of them and 3 seem to carry around like 20 only and few have like 2k and i have manually droped like 1800 from them to space.
And for some time later it seem to be that other at least get the 2k again.
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 18:40

With universe traders, it's important to let them complete a buy/sell cycle, otherwise they "forget" that what's in the cargo hold is slated for sale. So, if for example you start the UT with some cargo aboard, it won't sell it; also, if you stop or restart the command while it's carrying stuff, it will have the same effect. In such situations, you'll need to dispose of the cargo manually. If left to their own devices, this sort of situation happens almost never.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 20:38

Mosquito missiles are a pretty common thing for a Mk3 trader to get stuck with, if I remember correctly. Not surprising, since there does seem to be much more supply than demand most times.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 21:54

Yeah when i was dumping the excess out i offcourse stoped the command for UT trader and tossed them out. I might have to clear the whole cargo then from those missles if it would help. 2k is a lot of missles :)
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 22:11

hartza76 wrote: 2k is a lot of missles :)
:D
Those ones are useful, though, as anti-missile countermeasures, so unless you are hard-up for either the credits or the storage space, you may as well hang onto them, if you have somewhere handy to keep them. But if not, no biggie - as Tim mentioned above, the universe pretty quickly gets saturated with them, so it's not like you'll struggle to find any when you need them.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 03:52

hartza76 wrote:Yeah when i was dumping the excess out i offcourse stoped the command for UT trader and tossed them out. I might have to clear the whole cargo then from those missles if it would help. 2k is a lot of missles :)
not really if you have a number of personal equipment docks with mosquito on items. My EQD tend to get emptied when i sent my ship to berth. and yeah i don't have my own Mosq factory either.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 16:12

Heh,
Problem is that my plex does them in masses :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”